Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Bobbi Brown - Lip Balm

Lip Care - My Beauty Essentials part 3

There's not a lot to explain about lip care, but still I'd like to tell you, what I use and why I use it. 

Bobbi Brown - Lip Balm

This is a recent discovery for me, because it's not the cheapest one and I normally don't like to spend a lot of money on lip balms. 
As you can see in the picture, the Bobbi Brown lip balm has a lovely packaging which may be used as a mirror (a tiny one though…). The tin contains 15g and you don't need a lot of it, so it'll last you for a while. The balm has an SPF 15 and is very thick but non-greasy. Because it's in a pot, I like to apply it with a Q-tip. Mostly, I use it over night to soothe my lips and let the balm repair them. It adds just the right amount of shine to the lips and makes them look fuller and healthier, and yes, no one will see that on me because I use it overnight… 
The scent of the balm reminds me of roses but it's a little too strong for my taste. 
What I love about this product is, that it does an extremely good job at prepping the lips before applying lipstick. When I used this, I don't have problems with my lips getting drier, even if I'm wearing a matt lipstick.  

Price: CHF 32/ £15/ $20 (prices may vary)

Carmex Everyday Soothing Lip Balm

This is the lip balm I use daily when I feel like my lips need it. You can buy it as a stick, a little pot or in the tube. I prefer the one in the tube (10ml) because it's more hygienic. It instantly soothes the lips and keeps them hydrated for a long time. It adds shine and smells like honey and mint but there's also a cherry version, if you like that better. The description on the packaging says, it can be used for temporary relief of the symptoms of cold sores, but I wouldn't really rely on that.
Very cheap but gives your lips everything they need. 

What I do when my lips are in worst condition: I apply a thick layer of classic Nivea Crème overnight and peel them in the morning. 

What are your tricks to keep your lips in good condition?




1 comment:

  1. I cannot live without good lip balm. Burt's Bees tinted lip balm is one of my favorites, but good old Labello also never lets me down :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!