Monday, 3 February 2014

Maybelline Baby Skin - Instant Pore Eraser

To make my skin look as nice as possible, I'm always on the hunt for the perfect primer. Sadly, there aren't a lot of affordable drugstore versions available. Today I'd like to introduce you to the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser:

About the product: The Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser (how about a shorter name?) is a silicon based primer to apply alone or under your foundation. As you can see in the picture, it comes in a cute little tube containing 22ml.
It's a clear gel, which is very smooth and easy to squeeze out of the tube.

What it says: The description of the product says, that it is a lightweight primer to make skin look smooth and to erase the appearance of pores instantly.

What it does: Due to the fact that this primer is a clear gel, it doesn't give you any coverage, so I only apply it under my foundation. The gel doesn't feel sticky at all and it's very easy to apply, but, as I already mentioned, you can still see the pores when not wearing foundation, because the gel is clear. I tested the primer by wearing it under three different foundations (NARS sheer glow, Bourjois Healthy Mix and Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua): the complexion of my skin was flawless, the pores completely disappeared :-) As a plus, the foundations all spread easily over the primer without crumbling. When it comes to lasting power, I didn't notice a difference to wearing foundation without the primer (I do have quite dry skin, so foundation usually doesn't "melt" off my skin fast), but the product prevented the foundation from sinking into pores. Sadly, the primer couldn't hinder my foundation from creating fine lines around my mouth. I get these lines during the day because of my dry skin - if you have any tips to prevent them except moisturize the skin, please let me know in the comments below.

Conclusion: If you don't mind silicon based products and the feeling of them, this primer is worth a try.   It smoothes the complexion and lasts about 8-10 hours on my skin, which I think is pretty good. If you live in Switzerland, it is quite pricy for a drugstore product, but the quality is nice so I would definitely repurchase it again.

Prices: £7.99 / $6.99 / CHF 17.90 (keep in mind that prices may vary)

Have you tried this primer? Please let me know what you think about it.


Lots of love,
Cheryl

3 comments:

  1. Are you from Switzerland? Where did you bought it?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am. You can get it easily at Coop City and they'll sell it in Manor soon (already available online and in the store in Zurich).

      Delete
  2. Hello exceptional blog! Does running a blog like this require a massive amount work?
    I've no knowledge of programming but I was hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyhow, if you have any ideas or techniques for new blog owners please share.

    I know this is off topic nevertheless I just had to ask. Kudos!


    Here is my homepage; Eastland York Boat Shoe Men

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!