Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight mask & La Roche-Posay Hydreane Riche

As I'm new to the blogger community, I'd like to introduce you to some of my beauty essentials and favourites over the next couple of posts. This way, I hope you'll get to know me a bit better. Without further ado, I'd like to present you my most loved moisturizers during winter time:

La Roche-Posay - Hydreane Riche


The Hydreane Riche is a paraben-free moisturizing cream, created for people with sensitive skin. In this line, you can get three different moisturizers which differ in the richness of the cream (légère, riche, extra riche). The one I have, the hydreane riche, is the middle one. I only use it in daytime before I apply makeup. It is delicately perfumed, I would describe the scent as "clean" and nice. You don't need a lot of the product, so the 40ml in the tube do last a while. The skin absorbs the cream quite fast and it leaves you with nicely prepped skin for the application of your foundation.
In winter, I suffer from dry patches on my cheeks and my forehead and the rest of my skin feels dehydrated and tight as well, but still I tend to get blemishes easily when I use rich moisturizers. But this one is simply perfect for me. Since I use it, my skin feels softer and a lot more hydrated and I even have less problems with blemishes. 
And what's not to like about that? 


Clinique - moisture surge overnight mask

I've been blown away by this product right in the morning after I've first used it. Even though it's called overnight MASK, I would describe it as more of a rich night cream. The amount of product I apply on my face is average, but this tube is huge compared to other face creams- it contains 100ml! It's fragrance free but it does have kind of a waxy scent, I hope you know what I mean. 
Well… back to why I love it: The cream is non-sticky and feels calming and soothing. It is very rich, nevertheless it sinks into the skin (I usually massage it in) without leaving an oily film. 
When I take a look in the mirror in the morning, my complexion appears clearer and more luminous, the redness I tend to get around my nose is reduced or completely gone and my face feels soft and very well moisturized. I never got any irritation from it and it leaves my skin plump, something I really appreciate. If you don't have particularly dry skin, I wouldn't use it on a daily basis, but for me this works just fine as an everyday treatment. 

At this point, I would like to include a review on my favorite eye cream as well, but sadly, I'm not very pleased with the ones I've tried so far. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect eye moisturizer. If you're happy with yours, please let me know which one you use. If you're interested in my experiences and you want me to do a blog post on the eye creams I've tried and tested, feel free to leave me a comment. 


Love,

Cheryl 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!