Sunday, 16 February 2014

Nude Ombré Nails Tutorial

It's Sunday, shops are closed (at least in most parts of Europe), the weather isn't great either, so I thought  I'd do a little nail tutorial for you.
When you take a look at the spring trends 2014, there's a lot of nail art going on but still the nude tones haven't disappeared. So why don't we combine it and do a nude ombré nail?

To do an ombré nail, I'd recommend to use at least two colours, if you can, use the same
brand. Well, I took different ones and it still worked but the nail polish may last longer on your nails if you've used the same brand. 


Step 1: Before you start, make sure your nails are oil-free and use some nail polish remover if necessary. Prime your nails with a base coat - I used the KIKO smooth base - and let it dry.




Step 2: Then choose your base colour, if you want to recreate this exact look it's best to go for a nude pink such as L'oréal color riche Doutzen's nude. This colour is from the L'oréal collection privée and is my current favourite. To get an opaque finish, you may want to apply a second layer. Allow the nail polish to dry completely. 





Step 3: Take a darker colour - I used the KIKO Nr. 217 (I hope this is the right number, because I can't find an other one) - and apply a patch of each colour onto a plastic film.




Then blend the lighter and the darker colour together and dip a sponge into the mixed nail polishes, then dab the colour onto your nails. As you can see on the picture, I applied the colour to the bottom of my nails. I usually take a bit of the nail polish off the sponge so it will blend nicely. Dab as much colour onto your nail until you like the way it looks and let the polishes dry again.


Step 4: Repeat step 3 by dipping the sponge into the darker colour and apply it to your nail just a little lower than the colour in step 3. Continue to do that until you reach the desired effect. If you have more than two colours, do the same with the other nail polishes and always let the layers dry before applying a new one. 




Step 5: Clean off all the access nail polish. When the layers are dry, apply a top coat to seal the layers. You may need more than one coat to even out the bumpy surface. But the top coat also helps to blend the colours further. Now you need a little patience, so your nail design can dry completely...

I hope you liked this little tutorial and if you recreate it, please send me pictures. I would love to see them!

Love,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!