Wednesday, 26 March 2014

DIKLA - Swiss Professional Manicure

Yes, I'm finally reviewing a Swiss product! The product I'd like to introduce you to is a nail treatment to repair damaged nails. The DIKLA "Aufbauende Nagelkur" (it doesn't have an English name, sorry) is designed to use on thin nails which are prone to splitting or peeling. It contains keratin, biotin and pro-vitamin B5 to strengthen the base of the nails. As a plus, it nourishes the cuticles.
It should be applied at least twice a day for about 4-8 weeks. 
I used this nail treatment religiously for over two months and stopped about one month ago. I massaged it into my nails every morning and every evening and additionally sometimes during the day. It has a decent smell and feels nice and moisturising on the cuticles. It did strengthen my nails but it took about 4 weeks to really notice a difference. Sadly, about two weeks after I stopped using it, my nails went back to the condition they were before. 
Now I use this cream every now and then to add a little moisture to my nails, for example when I just removed my nail varnish. It's nice and does more than an average hand cream, but the effect still didn't really convince me. 
They have a S.O.S. nail treatment in their range, so I might try that as well. Let me know if you want me to do a blog post on how I get along with the other one. 

Have you tried any of the DIKLA products? What do you do to prevent your nails from splitting?

Love,
Cheryl 


Price: CHF 10.90
If you're from Germany, you can get DIKLA products at Rossmann. For people outside Switzerland and Germany, DIKLA is available online.

2 comments:

  1. My nails and cuticles could SO use some extra TLC. But since you don't sound one hundred percent convinced I'll keep looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess then I'll let you know about the SOS treatment as soon as I know how that works.

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!