Thursday, 13 March 2014

Empties

During the last couple of weeks, a lot of my products have run out. They've all been thoroughly tested by now, so I'd like to share my thoughts about them…



Nivea In-Shower Body Milk:
It's meant to be a very quick product to use in the shower in the way you would use a shower gel, but it should moisturize the skin as a body lotion. I was really intrigued by the sound of this product, so I ran into the next store to get it. As you may know by now, my skin tends to be very dry and I have to apply a body lotion/butter twice a day. In the morning I don't like to wait till the moisturizer sinks into my skin to put my clothes on, so I bought the skin conditioner for dry skin and hoped for a miracle product. Sadly, and somehow as I expected, it's not great at all. It does have the typical NIVEA scent, which I like and it feels soft and nourishing while applying. But as soon as you shower to wash it off, it's gone. My skin felt as if I hadn't applied anything. Maybe it's nourishing enough for people with normal skin, please let me know if you tried it and think differently. And it also contains silicons and other not so nice ingredients, so next time, I'll look a little closer before I buy a product.

Repurchase: No

Wild Ferns Manuka Honey Sweet Indulgence Body Butter:
This may sound strange, but when I lived in New Zealand, I bought this body butter in a souvenir store.  It's quite cheap (especially compared to other beauty products in New Zealand, which are usually expensive) and I bought it because I loved the scent. As the name suggests, it smells of honey. The consistency is very thick and when I first applied it, I didn't like the fact that it took my skin quite a while to absorb it. But it's incredibly nourishing and kept my skin hydrated for more than a day, which is amazing considering my dry skin. What's more to say? I might won't be able to buy this body butter again, because I don't think it's available in other countries.

Repurchase: Yes

Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Gel
When I'm stressed out I tend to get acne on my back, which is extremely annoying. To prevent that, I started to use this cleansing gel every other day. It unblocks pores and prevents the formation of imperfections. It is a little drying, so I don't use it on my face. But if you have oily skin, I'm sure this will work just fine. It leaves my skin feeling very clean and I hardly ever get spots on my back anymore. 

Repurchase: Yes

Maybelline The Rocket Volume Mascara Waterproof
This is by far my favourite waterproof mascara for a natural look. It makes my lashes look fuller and longer but doesn't look overdone. It doesn't smudge at all and I never had problems with clumps. The only downside to this is that it's quite hard to remove. 

Repurchase: Yes

KIKO 3D Contour Cream
The cream is designed to use in the eye area and around the mouth. I only used it as an eye cream but I wasn't satisfied with the effect. It was a little moisturizing, but just enough to get me through the day. It didn't do anything else. I like the size of the product and the pump, but the rest was not worth the money. 

Repurchase: No

Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Active 
This a non-comedogenic serum to reduce the appearance of pores and to prevent imperfections. I would describe the scent as "medical", which is not the nicest, but ok. It's lightweight and sinks into the skin very quickly. When I use it on a regular basis, I do notice a difference in the appearance of my pores and my skin feels smooth and clean. In contrast to other skin clearing products this isn't drying, so I can apply it to my whole face before my moisturizer. It has a pump which serves you with the perfect amount of product. 

Repurchase: Yes!!!

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer
I love this concealer! I use it as an under eye concealer because it does provide good coverage but still looks very natural and luminous. It blends into the skin evenly. What I don't like is the brush to apply the product. I find it quite hard to get the product out… I'm not sure whether I just don't use the right technique to squeeze it out or whether it's truly annoying packaging… but it's worth the effort ;-)

Repurchase: Yes

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
If you want coverage, an even and luminous complexion and a natural but silky finish, look this way… 
This is the foundation I always rely on. It's extremely easy to apply, either with fingers or a brush (I prefer a stippling brush). Sometimes I only use it on the parts of my face I think I need some coverage, it blends in with the rest of the skin very nicely. What I love most about it is the fact that it lasts the whole day on me. And I like the fact that I can't think of anything negative to associate with this foundation :-) 

Repurchase: Yes, I'm in love with this product!

Have you tried some of these products? What is your opinion on them?

Love,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!