Tuesday, 18 March 2014

My 3 Minute Makeup Challenge

I'm pretty sure most of you are familiar with the "3 Minute Makeup Challenge", but I guess, you haven't tried to do it yet. Well, this won't be a video, because I'm not a youtuber and because I want to tell you about my personal 3 Minute Makeup Challenge. It takes place about once a week when I glance at my watch and notice that I have to catch the train in about 6 minutes… then I know that I have approximately 3 minutes left to do my makeup and 3 minutes more to jump into my shoes and get to the train station. So you see, after all these years I should be a pro at this challenge… well, I'm not, but at least I can tell you what works best for me when I'm running out of time during my morning routine.


As you may see in the picture, most of the products are well loved. I won't go into details about every single item, I just tell you how I do my makeup using them:

I always apply my moisturizer right after showering so it has enough time to sink into my skin while I'm eating breakfast. That's why it's not on this photo… it's not a part of my makeup disaster.
First of all, I apply the Bourjois 123 perfect CC Cream (or the healthy mix foundation…sadly, mine is empty, I have to purchase a new one), when I'm in a hurry I use my fingers to do that. Then I apply the Revlon Photoready Concealer (Nr. 002-light), which I tend to use as a blemish concealer but it's ok as an under eye concealer as well, so I'll take this because I don't want to waste time searching for a different one. By the way, the coverage of it is amazing and it stays on all day (it's a rhyme… hooray!!!). As a blush/bronzer I take the MaxFactor Colour X-Pert Duo Blush in the shade Apple Cheeks 1, which I think has been discontinued but they brought a similar one to the market recently. I apply it with the realTechniques multitask brush. On to eyes: As a very quick eyeshadow I use the Maybelline Color Tattoo metal in 70-barely branded and pad it onto my lids. To add a little depth I apply MAC copperplate to my crease and finish off the "look" with one coat of Lancôme Hypnôse Star and Soap and Glories Sexy Mother Pucker glossy stick in the colour nudist, which is my all time favourite lip product. It's very quick, nourishing and leaves your lips with a lovely glossy finish. Due to my dry skin, I don't need to powder. 

If you'd like to know a little more about one of the products, please write a comment. 

1                  2                     3                  4                                        

1: Revlon Photoready Concealer - 002-light
2: Sexy Mother Pucker - Nudist
3: Maybelline Color Tattoo - Barely Branded
4: MAC - Copperplate

I did this makeup several times with a stop watch next to me, to check if it's possible to do nicely in 3 minutes. Well, it's hard but you can do it! Applying the foundation takes me the longest, so you may want to take your lip product with you and apply it on the go, but I guess most of you keep lipsticks in the handbag anyway. When I'm short of time I sometimes skip mascara too. 

Please let me know if you did the 3 Minutes Makeup Challenge and whether you were able to do a neat daily makeup. 

Love,
Cheryl




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!