Sunday, 23 March 2014

Spring Nailpolishes



Good morning everyone (or which ever time in the day you're reading this)

In Switzerland, spring time started last week. We had a few wonderful sunny and warm days*, so I thought it's time to present you my favourite spring nail polishes. 
I like bright colours and I want them to stay a couple of days without chipping. 

Essie - Watermelon: I love the pigmentation of this colour! I only need one layer the get an opaque finish and the less layers I have on my nails, the longer the colour lasts. 

Essie - Cute as a button: This colour is like a mixture between a bright neon pink and an orange. It's by far my favourite spring nail polish. Sadly, Essie's "Watermelon" and "Cute as a button" don't show up very well in the pictures. They're both less red and more pink toned.

KIKO - 339: How about a name instead of a number? I just think names give the colour some kind of personality… It's a lovely light blue colour which is very long-lasting, but it takes at least two coats to be opaque. 

Essie - Lilacism: Just like the other two Essie nail lacquers, this one lasts on my nails for ages. As the name would suggest, it's a subtle lilac. Because the colour is quite light, I always apply two layers. 

L'orĂ©al Color riche - Perle de Jade: A minty colour, perfect for spring time. The downside to this nail polish is that it applies a little streaky and it needs about three layers. Additionally, the bottle only contains 5ml (Essie contains 13.5ml) and still costs CHF 9.90 which is too much for a drugstore nail polish with this quality. 

What is your favourite nail polish for spring time?

Love,
Cheryl



*when I woke up this morning and looked out of the window, all I've seen was snow. I hope spring will come back soon

2 comments:

  1. I already have a couple of the Essie varnishes here but I love some of the other colours you have suggested. Great nail post! x
    Deborah
    moonstoneandmay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 Watermelon! It's really my kind of shade.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!