Saturday, 26 April 2014

London Beauty Haul

I'm back from London and I had a great time! I love the city and to be honest, I did go a bit crazy with the shopping… 
And when it comes to food… Have you ever been to Bill's? I lived just around the corner in Soho and had my breakfast there (if you're following me on instagram, I'm sure you already know that) and enjoyed an English Afternoon Tea with my friend too. Seriously, their food is amazing! I'm pretty glad we don't have anything like that in Switzerland because I sure would get fat. 
But let's get to the interesting part: shopping for beauty products!
It wasn't as easy as I expected to get what I wanted, lots of products were sold out but I still got a good amount of new stuff. I'm going to give you a sneak peek, full reviews on some of the the products will follow as soon as I gave them a thorough test. 

Make-up
I didn't manage to find the blushes I was looking for but look what I've found:
1. Sleek face form in  "372 fair". I'm really excited about that, it was sold out in about 4 stores! It contains a bronzer, a highlighter an a coral blush. I wanted something like this for ages, because I think it's really handy for travelling. 
2. Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in "51 light vanilla", my go to everyday foundation which costs about half as much as in Switzerland.
3. Rimmel Stay Matte in "transparent", the perfect mattifying powder.


4. Tanya Burr Lipgloss in "Afternoon Tea", I heard lots of people raving about that, so I really wanted to try it!
5. L'Oréal True Match Foundation in "ivory", I've used the matching concealer for quite a while now and I'm pleased with it, so I thought I should give the foundation a try.
6. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in "fair", presumably the best concealer in the world, so I bought 3 of them… is this crazy? I don't think so, everyone needs a bit of concealer, right? 
I haven't bought any eye products. As you may know, I own the Naked and the Naked 3 palettes and I love them. I do have some additional colours from MAC, Artdeco and some other brands, so I thought I don't really need to buy more right now. 

Skincare
As you might know, I'm obsessed with skincare. So I treated myself to some new products which are either expensive in Switzerland or not available at all:
1. Clinique All About Eyes: I had a sample of this eye cream and loved it.  It depuffs my eye area and gives it the moisture it needs. It's quite expensive which I think is normal when it comes to eye creams…
2. Body Shop Vitamin E moisture serum, I can't tell you a lot about this right know because I only heard it must be really good so I thought I give it a try. 
3. Soap&Glory Scrubatomic, I've used this everyday since I bought it (which is only 3 times, haha…) and I loved it so far. It's a very gentle scrub and smells amazing (apricots? I don't know, any ideas?).
After using it my skin felt extremely soft and not irritated at all.
4. Nuxe Rève de Miel, I wanted to buy this for ages but it's ridiculously expensive in Switzerland, so I waited and got it in London. It's as great as I expected, lovely scent and very moisturizing. 
5. Soap& Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub, this smells incredibly fresh and leaves your skin super soft.

Haircare
Aaaand yes, I bought some hair products too. A quick overview:
1. Charles Worthington Moisture Seal Mineral Hair Rescue Masque, huh quite a mouthful… It looked really good (I know this says nothing about the quality of the product) so I bought it.
2. Charles Worthington Volume&Bounce Texturising Spray, which I tried and already love. A full review on this will be on the blog soon.
3. Batiste dry shampoo, I forgot to bring mine so I had to get one. I like it a lot but I didn't get the full size. I hope it will be available somewhere in Switzerland… any tips?
4. Tangle Teezer, I already have one from Macademia, but I wanted a small one to take with me when I go to the gym. 

I bought some Barry M and Essie nail polishes as well, but I might include them in a tutorial.
If you have a suggestion which products you want me to review, please let me know in the comments, otherwise I just select some of them. 

Love,
Cheryl

3 comments:

  1. Nice haul! Great picks. That Sleek trio is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha this is such a delightful post!
    I'm glad you enjoyed London, I grew up there. Great Place! I love how you talk about the cost of things too compared to switzerland. It's going to sound crazy but the Bourjois Foundation? Yeah for us in Ireland thats like L'Oreal (Very expensive, most expensive of the drugstore ranges) and what you paid is similar to what we pay here...haha crazy!!
    I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Holly!
      I'm glad you enjoy reading my blog :)

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!