Monday, 21 April 2014

My Travel Make-Up Bag

Tomorrow, I'm off to London with a friend. I'm very excited, I've never been there before. Well, I've been to England several times, but somehow I never ended up visiting the capital city. 
When it comes to make-up, I usually don't bring a lot with me when I'm travelling. I know that I'll buy a lot of stuff over there, so I try to keep my make-up bag light. 
If you're reading my blog on a regular basis, you will know most of the products I'm taking with me, because I take the ones I rely on. 

Skin: As a base I packed the Bourjois 123 perfect CC cream. I went a bit crazy with the concealer, but it's Easter time, which means there's chocolate everywhere in Switzerland, lots of it in my room actually… And somehow chocolate and my skin just aren't getting along very well. That's why I keep 3 different concealers in my make-up bag: As an under-eye concealer I packed the L'oréal Lumi magique highlighting concealer. To cover any redness and little imperfections I put the Maybelline Pure Cover Mineral Concealer (discontinued, but I bought every single one I've found in the stores as soon as I heard that they won't sell it anymore) into my bag and to cover spots I packed the Revlon Photoready concealer. As always, I have the Rimmel Stay Matte powder with me, which is not available in Switzerland, so I'll buy a few more in London. 
I'm planning on buying a lot of blushes (especially Sleek blushes), so I only packed the Max Factor Duo Blush as a blusher and bronzer. 

Eyes: I somehow couldn't resist to bring the Naked 3 with me, because I'm currently in love with it. I guess I don't have to worry about not having enough eyeshadows with me… as a mascara I went for the Lancôme Hypnôse Star, which I'm using everyday right now. I won't bring any eyeliner with me, because I don't apply liner very often, I rather use a dark eyeshadow. 

Lips: I went for a bright orange, one of Revlon's Matte Balms in audacious. For a more natural look I packed my beloved Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Nudist (I'm so getting about a hundred of those… ). 

To remove all the make-up, I decided to try the Lancôme Bi-facil make-up remover. I've got a sample size of it, I hope it will do the job, otherwise I'll steal my friends' Clinique Take the Day off Cleansing Balm (I know she will read this post, so I'm looking forward to her reaction ;-)).

What do you bring with you when you're travelling?

If you're wondering where I got that fancy make-up bag: It's a gift one of my dearest friends made for me. She recently launched her own label "UITKNIPPEN" and sews bags out of old posters she got from a variety of clothes stores. They would usually throw the posters away, but they're made out of lovely thick fabric, so my friend thought it would be great to reuse them. I love the idea of that and I'm very proud of her that she and one of her friends even managed to get their own online store now. 


I hope you enjoyed reading this post. 
Happy Easter!

Love,
Cheryl 


2 comments:

  1. Have fun in London! But I'm sure that won't be a problem :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You were totally right, no problem at all ;-)

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!