Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Chic French Manicure Tutorial


Today I'd like to show you how to recreate this chic french manicure. This is one of my standard nail designs which I wear often because it's very easy and quick and I think it looks classy but still stylish (if you don't agree, feel free to leave a comment ). 

Products:
- base coat (L'oréal La manicure)
- two colours you like in combination (Golden Rose - black and Essence - metallic champagne)
- french liner (p2 - miss french white)
- a toothpick or a very thin nail brush
- top coat (Essie - No chips ahead)

Step 1: As always, prep your nails and apply your base coat. I used the L'oréal "La manicure miracle repair 7", a protective and strengthening nail repair varnish. 

Step 2: Using the thin nail brush or a toothpick, apply a very fine line of the first colour you chose a little beside the middle of your nail, then apply the second colour beside the first one. It's easiest to draw the line as quickly as possible, so your hands won't get the chance to be shaky.

Step 3: Now you want to paint the white tips. There are some kind of half moon stickers (french manicure tip guides) available on the market which you may want to put onto your nails if you're not used to painting the tips of your nails. Otherwise: just paint them now ;-) I used a white nail varnish by p2 with a thin brush. Allow the colours to dry completely.

Step 4: Apply your top coat and you're done! 

I hope you liked the tutorial and the nail design. If you have any suggestions for a nail design you want me to recreate, please let me know. 

Love,
Cheryl






2 comments:

  1. Wow. So pretty and so simple. Gotta try this too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! Please send a picture if you recreate it, I'd love to see it :-)

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!