Saturday, 10 May 2014

Sleek - Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette

Today I'd like to introduce you to this lovely sleek  palette. It's available in four different colour ranges, I've got Fair 372. As you can see on the picture, it contains a matte contour colour (which I use as a bronzer as well), a shimmery highlighter and a gorgeous coral blush with a hint of gold shimmer. If you have darker skin, the palette doesn't come with a blush but with a bronzer. 
And this is what they look like when applied to the skin:

Foundation&Concealer / Bronzer

On the left photo I'm wearing the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in Vanilla and the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. On the right I added the contour powder. As you can see, I didn't' really contour but used it as a bronzer to warm up my complexion. I rather use non shimmery bronzers because I feel like it looks a lot more natural. The contour powder is nicely pigmented and easy to blend. It doesn't appear orange on the skin even though it looks like that on the picture (I'm sorry, I'm not a pro yet when it comes to taking pictures of my makeup). 


Blush / Highlight
The blush isn't highly pigmented, so you need quite a bit of it to actually get a "fresh" look. I did apply more than I normally would, to make sure it's visible on the pictures. I like the blush for a natural look, it's a warm and summery colour and very buildable as you can see. 
Can we just take a second to admire how wonderful the highlight catches up on camera? I took a few pictures from different angles and on every single one the highlighter reflected the light perfectly. I wouldn't wear it on an everyday basis because it may appear a little unnatural but it gives the face a very healthy glow. 

I'm very pleased with this palette, I love the colours they chose and the versatility of them. And you know what? It's not tested on animals, which is always a good thing! The only downside to the palette is, that the powders don't last very long on me if I don't apply something like a makeup setting spray. I don't suffer from oily skin, so it shouldn't really "melt off" my face. But you know, you can always touch up your makeup, so it's not that big of a deal. 

Have you tried this palette? What do you think of it?

Love,
Cheryl


1 comment:

  1. I've been eyeing this one for a while now! The effect on your skin looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!