Sunday, 15 June 2014

Maybelline Super Stay 7 Days Gel Nail Color in "pink whisper" & feeling chatty


Yep I've found it!
I've found an inexpensive dupe for my favourite nude nail polish "doutzen's nude". It's the Maybelline Super Stay 7 Days Gel Nail Color in "pink whisper" (this name is ridiculously long!).
The colour of it is a very light pink and unlike "doutzen's nude" it doesn't contain any shimmer, so it's not an exact dupe but I wasn't a huge fan of the shimmer anyway.
But why was I looking for a dupe? Well, as I mentioned in other posts, the L'oréal color riche nail polishes contain only 5ml at a price of CHF 9.90 which I think is way too much. The Maybelline nail polish I've found now contains 10ml and costs CHF 10.90, so it's the double amount of nail polish for nearly the same price. Win!

The nail polish applies very evenly and with two coats you get an opaque result. I would say this nail polish provides the easiest application possible. The brush is quite wide so it covers the nail in one sweep. 
And I like the finish a lot, it's glossy and kind of gel-like which is what Maybelline promises. 
However, it doesn't last 7 days but the average two days without a top coat and up to 4-5 days with a topcoat (I'd recommend Essies "no chips ahead"). 

The semester break started about two weeks ago and my exams will be over soon. That's why I've been looking for a job recently. I can start work tomorrow which makes me a little nervous but I'm cautiously positive that it'll go well. I got this job very last-minute which led to some tiny little problems: The dress code is black… yes, this shouldn't be a problem. That's what I thought first but then I looked through my wardrobe and realized that I don't own any black tops or blouses. I used to wear black a lot but someday I decided that I want to wear brighter colours and pastels, that's when I kind of banned black tops from my wardrobe. So I headed to town for a little shopping spree. I didn't want to get a whole new selection of black clothes because I'll only be working there for seven weeks. Luckily, a friend of mine with the same size offered me some of her tops so I only had to buy a few. And this is where I stop my tittle-tattle because I don't want to bore you. I just thought I'd update you on what I'm doing during the semester break. By the way, I'm going to Berlin as well. It's not my first time there but it's a nice city with lots of very interesting museums to visit, I'm looking forward to that. 

Are you going on holiday as well? 

Love, 
Cheryl


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!