Saturday, 21 June 2014

My eyebrows and KIKO Precision Eyebrow Pencil

I mentioned my dark eyebrows several times but I never really got into detail. Today I'm going to show you how I tame them or more like how I try to do that…
I do have a love-hate relationship with them, on some days I love the fact that they're strong, on other days I'm just too lazy to pluck them and they resemble a jungle. 
To be honest I would definitely have a monobrow if I wouldn't pluck them every other day. They're very thick and I struggled with plucking them without overdoing it for quite a while. I'm not doing a tutorial on how to pluck eyebrows, I guess there are enough available on the internet. 
Now I know that my tweezers aren't enough to get a nice shape, I also use scissors every now and then to trim them into the shape I want. This may sound strange but somehow my eyebrow hair can grow a little too long so I need to do something about that. Before I trim them I brush them through with a brow brush, then I remove whatever I think is too much.

When it comes to makeup I used powder for a very long time to fill in gaps. My main problem was that I couldn't find a brow pencil which was dark enough but not black because that would look really harsh. 


Not too long ago I discovered the KIKO Precision Eyebrow Pencil. The colour 01 is perfect for me, it's a grayish black. 


What I like about this product is that it comes with a comb which does a good job and there's a sharpener included in the set as well. The pencil itself isn't extremely fine but it's ok to do my brows. I usually only use it to define the arch of my brow anyway because I don't have a lot of gaps. The lasting power is good, it even survives a hot day without melting off my face. 

Eyebrows done

As a finish I spray some hairspray onto a cheap brow brush and brush them through to make them stay in place. My brows do have a mind of their own, they're quite stubborn when it comes to staying where I want them to stay. I might need to invest in a good brow gel, any recommendations? 

Well, this is it. You're familiar with my eyebrows now. Which is kind of strange but there might be other people on this planet suffering from stubborn eyebrows and I'm glad if this helped anyone. If you have naughty brows and want to share your secret (or not so secret) tips, please leave a comment.

Love, 
Cheryl

2 comments:

  1. I know this is about eyebrows, but I just have to say it: your eyes are so beautiful! <3

    As for brow tips, I always comb my brows into place with a brow brush, and then I shape them with gel and powder. I never use pencil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very nice of you to say, thanks :-)
      Good to know, which gel do you use?

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!