Sunday, 13 July 2014

Sunday treat - Lemon drizzle cake

What is there to do on a not very sunny lazy sunday? 
For me the best way to spend a day inside is with baking. I watch a lot of beauty bloggers/vloggers on Youtube, one of them is Vivianna does makeup. If you don't know her, check out her channel, she's such a lovely and bubbly person! Recently, she posted a video of her baking one of her favourite recipes: the lemon drizzle cake. It looked amazing, so I decided to give it a try and went shopping for ingredients this morning. When I grabbed for my purse to pay the groceries the underwear I had in my bag must have clung to it and fell to the ground. I only noticed it when I wanted to leave the shop and I was so embarrassed, I decided not to pick it up but just walk away and pretend that I haven't noticed. Well… there were a lot of people around I'm pretty sure someone must have seen it. 
After a few minutes of reflecting the situation I came to the conclusion that I really wanted it back because it was quite special (not going into detail here) so I went back to the shop which was even more crowded than before. And what do you do when you're looking for something and it's not where you left it? Yes! You have to ask someone. So I went to a shop assistant and asked her if she's seen my panties lying around and somehow I immediately had everyone's attention. The shop assistant was very kind though and I got my underwear back, but the whole situation was pretty embarrassing. I hope I'm not the only one with stories like this, things like that seem to happen to me far too often. Feel free to leave your story in the comments below ;-)
But let's get back to the interesting stuff: the cake!
I still managed to get all my ingredients, so I'll just show you some pictures. 

cucumber hanging around in the corner...
adding the lemon zest
…into the cake pan...
…done
enjoy! 
I changed a few parts of the original recipe due to my lactose intolerance and I only added the juice of one lemon to the glaze because the lemon was extremely big. I also changed the usual cake pan for a glass cake pan. The bottom of the cake is softer then and doesn't get a crust which makes it a lot easier for the glaze to sink into the cake. 
For the full recipe, please check out Vivianna's video:


If the video doesn't work, this is the link: Lemon drizzle cake - Vivianna does baking

Love,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!