Sunday, 31 August 2014

Minion Nail Art

I've seen a lot of pictures of minion nail art recently, so this is not a new thing but I absolutely love the minions. They're so cute and silly so I wanted to try a minion design and do a fun nail tutorial for you. This is not the easiest thing to do and it does take some time, but I hope you like how it turned out.


I decided to do the design on three nails and I chose the minions I thought were the cutest. Not that it matters, but their names are Carl, Dave and Tim, just thought I'd introduce them to you...

There's a lot to do to achieve this nail design and it's difficult to explain, so I took pictures to show you how I did it. 

What you need:

- thin nail art brush (this one is essential for the design, I guess it would be extremely difficult with a toothpick)
- base and top coat
- nail polishes in yellow (Misslyn 674), blue (KIKO 336), black (Golden rose black), white (p2 Miss French white), silver (essence 12 metallic champagne) and a muted pink (KIKO 217)


Step 1: Apply the yellow nail polish as a base for the minions. I decided to paint the others blue.


Step 2: Use the blue and the black nail polish to recreate the pants. 


Step 3: Add the eyes with the white nail polish, I used a P2 tip painter. 


Step 4: Draw the mouth and hair. The one with the open mouth needs a tongue, so it's easiest to do a black base and draw the pink tongue and the teeth on top of it. 


Step 5: Use the silver nail polish to create the glasses.


Step 6: Go in with the black colour again to add the pupils and the straps for the glasses. And the poor guy on the thumb would really like to have teeth. In case you're wondering, I've tried to draw a banana on the blue nails but it's pretty difficult to make it look like one...


Step 7: If you don't like a part of the minion, dip a q-tip into nail polish and gently remove the part. In my case I didn't like the mouth and eyes of the second one so I've changed them. Add a topcoat and you're done! 


What do you think of it? Would you wear the minions on your nails? 

Love,
Cheryl




6 comments:

  1. omg...cutest manicure that Ive seen in a long time. I love the minions and I will definitely try this out Cheryl!! THe glasses look sooo...3d! Super cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! If you recreate it I'd love to see a picture, have fun! :)

      Delete
  2. Yay, here's that minions nail art you were talking about :-D It looks SO cute.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!