Thursday, 14 August 2014

Natural Everyday Makeup Look

I'm not very consistent when it comes to my daily makeup routine. I like to keep it simple and natural but I tend to switch the one or other product according to my mood. This is one of my go-to looks:



It's natural but I wouldn't call it a no-makeup-makeup because you can actually tell that I'm wearing makeup. And this is what's on my face:


I started by dabbing a bit of the Kiko natural concealer 01 onto my undereye area to brighten my dark circles, then I applied the Chanel Vitalumiere aqua foundation in 10 beige with the real techniques stippling brush. I love the finish of this foundation but you have to apply it rather quickly because it won't move after a short while. I do have very purplish dark circles especially on the inner corner of my eye near my nose, so that's where I apply a tiny bit of the Laura Mercier Secret Concealer. To brighten my undereye area even more, I apply the L'oréal lumi-magique highlighter pen. There's a lot of concealing going on in this area, however, you can still see the dark circles, meh. My skin is quite good at the moment, if I needed to cover any redness or spots I'd use the Collection concealer. 
Before I start using powder products, I set all of it with a hint of the Rimmel Stay Matte powder. I don't contour on a daily basis, I only use bronzer, preferably a matt one like the Sleek Face Form in fair, to warm up my complexion. Then I apply the Stila custom colour blush in self-adjusting pink which is my current favourite. It looks really scary in the packaging but on the face it's very subtle and fresh. 
On to eyes: I apply strange from the Urban Decay Naked 3 all over my lid and add a bit of limit from the same palette into the crease. I finish off the look with the Maybelline rocket volume express mascara- done! When I'm going to university I hardly ever wear lipstick. As you might be able to to tell, my lips are naturally quite pigmented, so I just go with some lip balm. 
I've never been one of the selfie-girls and I'm still struggling with taking good pictures of myself usually ending up with about 20 awkward faces and one or two decent photos. If you have any tips, I would love to hear them. Till then, I'll try the best I can ;-)

What's your favourite everyday makeup? 

Love, 
Cheryl



3 comments:

  1. You look very fresh-faced! You definitely don't need a lot make-up to look pretty. Unlike me :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha don't be silly, you're very pretty! But thanks anyway :-)

      Delete
    2. Well, I have a good face for make-up I think. But I don't think I'm naturally pretty like you :-)

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!