Monday, 4 August 2014

Summer Nail Art


Today I'd like to show you how to create this summer nail art. I'm really sorry that I completely forgot to take a picture of the finished design with a topcoat to blur the change of colour and to even out the surface.

What I used:
Base coat: Dikla express nail strengthener
Base colour: Maybelline super stay 7 days gel nail colour in "hot salsa"
Additional colours: Misslyn 674 and essence multi dimension without a name or number, duh…
top coat: maybelline super stay etc. in "crystal clear"
…a nail art brush or a toothpick
…and a sponge

mixing the colour

Step 1: Prep your nails as always and add a base coat. Apply the base colour you chose, in my case "hot salsa". This is a great summer colour and I love the formula of these maybelline nail polishes. 



Step 2: Choose a colour you like or mix some nail polishes together as I did for the actual design. Start off with drawing a spiral a tad left from the centre of the nail you want the design on. I used my nail art brush but it works with a toothpick too. Then add the "sunrays"by painting a gently curved line with another tiny spiral at the end. Make sure every sunray faces the same direction. I tried to add dimension to the "sun" by outlining the inner part of the sunray with the glittery white from essence. On the other side of each sunray I added 3-4 dots.


Step 3: If you're patient enough you can do the design on each nail. My patience is very limited so I decided to do an ombré design on the rest of my nails. If you don't know how to do that, check out this tutorial. The first colour I used was the one I mixed before, later on I added some of the Misslyn 674.



Step 4: Apply a topcoat and you're good to go.

I hope you like this easy nail design and let me know if you've seen a nail design you'd like a tutorial on. I'd do my best to recreate it. 

Love,
Cheryl

11 comments:

  1. So pretty Cheryl! The nail art is v pretty but honestly Hot Salsa looks gorgeous on your nails even all on its own! :) I don't think I'm patient enough to even do this much lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dee! Hot salsa is definitely a keeper, I would highly recommend the maybelline gel nail color range if you haven't tried it yet ;-)

      Delete
  2. That nail art is super pretty.. i have never been into nail art but offlate i am trying it
    Kisses
    Http://planetbeauties.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's way easier than it looks, just take your time and I'm sure the results will be great :-) Thank you for leaving the link, I'll gladly cheek out your website :)

      Delete
  3. Oh this is so nice. Your so talented!
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm sure you can do that as well!

      Delete
  4. This looks great, will have to try that:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would love to see a picture :-)

      Delete
  5. This looks super bright and hot.. Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!