Friday, 8 August 2014

Update: DIY Sugaring Paste


As I said, I've been working on getting the sugaring paste recipe right. The third time I've tried it I used this recipe: 1 cup sugar, 1/8 cup lemon juice, 1/8 cup water. I chose the same recipe I used the first time because there's less lemon juice in it. 

This time, I cooked the ingredients on a low-medium heat till it boiled, then I turned down the heat and let it simmer for 40 minutes. This takes some patience because you have to stir the mixture the whole time to prevent it from burning.










turn down the heat now
after simmering for 40 minutes
I left the mixture in the pan for another 3 minutes to cool down a little, then I poured it into a plastic container and waiter for an hour before I used it. It should be about body temperature now. 
If the mixture is too hard you can alway put it in the microwave for about 35 seconds and add a teaspoon of water. 
Now lets go on to the flicking: take some of the paste and form a ball. Now use your fingers to spread the paste evenly onto your skin against direction of hair growth and leave a "lip" at the top to remove it quickly in direction of hair growth. Luckily the picture is too small for you to see my hairy legs… If the recipe worked the way mine did, your skin should now be smooth and hair free. And I mean like really smooth! I didn't achieve this by waxing or depilating but sugaring paste is good for your skin so that's a little bonus for you. As I mentioned in the last sugaring post, it doesn't hurt less than waxing, but you can use it on any part of your body. 


Put a lid on the plastic container to store it in the fridge, as far as I know you can keep it for 3 months. I like to use many different small containers with a portion of the sugaring paste I need each time I want to use it because it's more hygienic. 
I really think that cooking on very low heat for quite a while did the trick to get the perfect sugaring paste. 

If you tried this recipe,  I would love to hear about your experience in the comment section below. 


Love,
Cheryl


4 comments:

  1. you have to tell me everything about this recipe, when we meet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i love this diy :D i am trying this tomorow

    Kisses
    http://planetbeauties.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!