Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Autumn Nail Polish Picks

It's officially autumn and the days are getting colder. It's not only time to change into warmer clothes but also to take the darker and smokier nail polishes out of the drawer. At least that's what I've done. I do own a lot of nail polishes but the colours I'm showing you today are the ones I reckon I'll be wearing most over the next weeks.

Revlon - Autumn Spice Scented Nail Enamel
Yep, to be honest, I didn't have to take this one out of the drawer because I just got it a few days ago. It's the star of my autumn nail polishes, we're getting along really well together. Except for the fact that this is not the easiest nail polish to remove but I can overlook this little imperfection considering the rest of it is just fine. I mean, look at it, this is a beauty, right?


KIKO 510
And again I'd like to complain about the fact that KIKO nail polishes don't have names. This one is a lovely subtle and kind of smoky lilac, it reminds me of fog. Does this sound unromantic? However, it takes two to three coats to get an opaque finish, it's easy to apply evenly and dries pretty quickly. The reason I purchased it is that I find it to be a very special and unique colour. Sadly, the smokiness of it doesn't catch up very well on the picture. 




Essie - Recessionista
Texturewise, this might be the best nail polish I own. I know Essie, and in my opinion you can never go wrong with that but even their range does have some slight differences in texture. The colour is a dark plummy red or as Essie describes it a "brick red". 


I'm still on the hunt for a lighter plum shade and a light grey. Any suggestions?
Which are your favourite autumn nail polishes?

Love,
Cheryl




4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the deep red Essie shade! Will have to pick it up for myself :)

    Great blog!

    www.alwaysalicex.blogspot.co.uk

    Alice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alice! I'll check out yours too ;-)

      Delete
  2. From these three, Autumn Spice is definitley my favorite! I love the sparkle and the smell of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's mine too! Although I'm wearing recessionista right now and am very happy with it. But the sparkles in Autumn Spice are just perfect, make every girl happy ;)

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!