Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Empties Summer 2014 Part 2 - Hair, Makeup and Nails


It's time to share part two of my empties with you: nails, hair and makeup. 

Cutex Strengthening Nail Polish Remover
This is the nail polish remover I always rely on. It gets rid of any nail polish extremely quickly and it doesn't dry out my nails. I didn't notice a strengthening effect but the rest of it is convincing enough to buy it again and again. Another plus? The smell of it isn't as overpowering as usually with nail polish remover. 

Bourjois Instant Dry Nail Drops
I looooooved them. But I didn't repurchase them because the packaging leaked and it was empty after I've used it only four times so I'm still kind of annoyed. These four times the product made me really happy. A single drop onto each nail doesn't only dry the nail polish in about one minute (no, not seconds!) but also nourishes the cuticles, at least that's what it does on my nails. When it's dry, the nail polish is still shiny and lasts as long as usual, so there's nothing to complain about this product except for the packaging, which can't be kept in a handbag...

Bonacure Hairtherapy Oil Miracle
Miracle? The description of this hair mask does aim high. But this is by far the best mask I've ever used. I massage it into the lengths of my hair and rinse it off after about 20 minutes. After that my blond hair is shiny, soft and looks very healthy. It keeps my hair nourished and shiny for about three days which I think is good. Bonacure has another hair mask for blond hair which is waiting for me in the shower so I'll give that a try first but I'm rather sure I'm coming back to this one. 

Batiste Dry Shampoo
One of my all time favourite products is the Batiste dry shampoo. I've tested pretty much every single version of it and I loved all of them. I don't wash my hair on a daily basis but it tends to get oily after a little more than a day so that's when I use this dry shampoo. It doesn't weight down my hair but gives more volume and makes them look nice again in seconds. It's inexpensive and easily available in the UK but not in Switzerland… that's why I always go a little crazy in Boots or Douglas in Germany when I have the possibility to get my hands on it. 

Jil Sander - Eve
I'm sure not the best when it comes to describing scents. I purchased this perfume as a summer scent last year and I went through it in one season, which is very unusual for me because I'm not wearing perfume on a regular basis. This one was addictive, it's sweet and fruity but not too rich. I'm the kind of person who gets bored of scents after a while so I rarely repurchase a perfume. It's the same with this one, I liked it a lot but I'm over it now if you know what I mean...

L'Oréal Lumi Magique Highlighting Pen
This is a highlighting concealer which brightens the under eye area due to its light reflecting pigments. It's very easy to apply and looks perfectly natural on the skin. Read my full review on it here. I've already repurchased it because it's very good value for money. 

Lancôme Hypnôse Star Mascara
Do you need a mascara to reach the roots of your lashes? If yes, this is it! One coat for a natural look, two or more coats to get a more vampy look. It doesn't smudge but it's a bit hard to remove. Another downside is that it dried out faster than a lot of mascaras I've tried so far, that's why I won't spend that much money on this mascara anymore even though I liked it. Again, you can read my review here

There was a lot of raving in this post, but this is how I feel about these products. Have you tried any of them? What are your thoughts on them?

Love,
Cheryl




5 comments:

  1. Yeah, it sucks that Batiste isn't available here :-( I get mine from Amazon or when I'm in Belgium. It's the best dry shampoo I've tried so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish we had burjuois in the states!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They used to have it in Sephora but I guess now it's only available online (e.g. ASOS)

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!