Saturday, 6 September 2014

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner "Trooper"

May I introduce you to my latest obsession? It's the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, anyone familiar with this one? 
It's a black felt tip liquid eyeliner which should make applying liquid eyeliner a lot easier. It comes in a kind of cute and at the same time rocking packaging containing 0.55ml of the actual product. Doesn't sound like a lot to me… but let's take a closer look.



The tip of the pen is extremely thin which makes it possible to draw the finest lines but it's soft enough to create a thicker line too. I thought application might be difficult because of the thin and soft tip, but it's actually pretty easy. Very handy, especially regarding my inability to apply eyeliner evenly. But what is it that makes application so easy with this one? The tip is different from most of the other felt tip liners because even thought you can't tell on the pictures (sorry!) it is a brush! The brush hairs prevent the tip from getting damaged soon, like the sponge-like felt tip liners usually do. Amazing, huh?
As you can see, the line is not the neatest, it melted a bit while I applied it but I think it still looks ok. 


The liner dries fast which I like because otherwise it would transfer to the upper part of my lid, veeery annoying! In fact, it is waterproof and lasts the whole day but comes off quickly with makeup remover. 



And this is how I wear it on a normal day when I don't want to do the whole cat eye thingy with flick and everything. On my cheeks I'm wearing the KIKO blush in desert sand, you can find my review here


A friend of mine got the tattoo liner for me in Sephora for $18, which I think is a reasonable price for a product with this quality, but I don't know yet how long the product will last. But so far I'm very happy with it.

Do you use felt tip liquid eyeliner? Which one is your favourite?

Love, 
Cheryl

6 comments:

  1. It looks and sounds great! I love that it's truly black. And it looks great on your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa. It's a lovely product.

      Delete
  2. What beautiful eyes you have :) And lashes too..omg are they real? What mascara do you have on (if they are real:) ) And what do you have on your lips?Im diggin this look Cheryl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee, thanks so much! Yes, they're naturally thick and black, lucky girl I am… I used the clinique total impact mascara and on my lips I'm wearing the L'oréal glam shine stain splash in "Marilyn" but I only dabbed it on my lips. Glad you like the look!

      Delete
  3. I love Kat Von D products, her foundation is on my WL.. Your lashes looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haven't seen the foundation, her products are pretty hard to get your hands on in Switzerland…

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!