Wednesday, 10 September 2014

Skincare Empties Summer 2014


During summer I managed to finish some products and I'm ready to share my final thoughts on them. I'll do my empties in two posts, the second part with nail, hair and makeup empties will follow soon. Now without further ado…

Soap&Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub: I've raved about this one quite a bit in the full review I did on it and I'm still absolutely in love with this scrub. The fresh scent is just what I need in the morning while the scrub itself isn't too harsh but makes my skin incredibly soft. Repurchase? Definitely! Very handy that I'm in the UK right now… 

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream: Say goodbye to dry patches with this one! The ultra facial cream is a very thick and hydrating cream which protects the skin from cold and harsh weather too. I've used this regularly during winter and finished it this summer when I've applied overnight to moisturize dry patches. Would I repurchase it? The cream is really nice and does the job but I want to try some new products so this one will have to wait…

Vichy Normaderm Hyaluspot: When this is used right, it works magic! Spots are gone after about three days because they're protected from other bacteria while the product does what it's supposed to do --> make the spot disappear. For details please click on the full review. Would I repurchase it? This is a live-saver, of course I will! 

Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Active Concentrate: I've used this product on a daily basis before I discovered the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo. It clears the skin and reduces pores, and this is not just what the packaging says but the product lives up to its claims. As a plus, I love the scent. It's not feminine in any way but more of a clinical scent in a nice way. Repurchase? My skin is a lot better recently so I don't really need it anymore but if my pores somehow become larger, I'd buy it again. 

The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Serum: This lightweight serum hydrates and protects the skin. I wanted to like this but it doesn't do the trick for me. It feels lovely, however, I couldn't notice a difference in my skin at all so I won't buy it again. Click here for the full review. 

La Roche-Posay Hydreane legere: After I fell in love with the riche version of this moisturizer during winter, I had to try the lighter formula for summer as well. This is hydrating and prepares the face perfectly for makeup because it makes my skin soft and smooth. It's a very good moisturizer but I wasn't as overwhelmed with this one as with the hydreane riche so I went back to my Louis Widmer moisture emulsion which I've been loving for years. 

Vichy Pureté Thermale Tonic: After cleansing my face this provides the ultimate fresh feeling. It has a lovely decent scent and manages to make the skin soft and clean. There's not a lot to say about this one, it doesn't magically change the condition of the skin but it's just a nice thing to use, which is why I'll repurchase it. 

Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm: Struggling with removing waterproof makeup? Not with this one! After massaging the balm onto the skin it melts and removes all the makeup. I've never found a product which works similarly well, I always come back to this clinique balm. Repurchase? Already have… 


Well, this is it for my skincare empties. If you've liked it, stay tuned for part 2.
Have you tried any of these products? What are your thoughts on them?

Love,
Cheryl



3 comments:

  1. I've tried the Vichy moisturizer, the La Roche Posay moisturizer and the Kiehl's moisturizer. Liked or even loved them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive heard of all of them but only ever tried 2 of them on myself ( the LRP and the clinique cleansing balm!). Luuuuuuv LRP! I used ot love the smell of Vichy body washes ( havent used them in a while) so i imagine that scent when you mention it in the tonic! wow congrats on finishing so many things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dee! I'd say Vichy and LRP are my favourite skincare brands

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!