Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Venus&Olaz Sugarberry Razor















As you might be able to tell by the title, this blog post is about the not so new anymore Venus & Olaz Sugarberry razor. I've purchased it quite a while ago but rarely used it because of my latest experiments with sugaring paste. Other than common razors this one has moisture bars to keep the hydration in the skin while it has the effect of a bodyscrub at the same time. These two things together sound very convincing to me…  The razor has five blades but I don't really see much difference between having four or five razor blades.   


The razor is nice to use and it is gentle but still efficient even without shave cream. After using it for a while I noticed that the exfoliating part of it really works. It's not a thorough body scrub but that's not what I'd expect from a razor either. Nevertheless, there are a few things I dislike about it. First, the moisture bars are a good idea but if they are wet (which they are after you've used the razor) they get sticky and kind of squishy, not so nice. Now you would need the in-shower holder which comes with it to air dry between uses but that little guy doesn't hold on the wall of my shower so I have to place the razor somewhere, where the moisture bands don't get in touch with any other objects. 
Last but not least, the head of the razor with the blades and moisture bands is too big. It works perfectly to shave my legs but if you try it under your armpits it just doesn't reach the places it should.


As a conclusion I'd say the razor is good but it would be better with smaller moisture bands and a better in-shower holder. It costs CHF 14.90, which I think is okay for a razor. 

What are your thoughts on the Venus & Olaz Sugarberry razor?

Love,
Cheryl


Prices: £10.99/$10.29 (keep in mind that prices may vary)



2 comments:

  1. I've tried this one. And I thought it was nice. But after a couple uses it already stopped giving me the nice clean shave I like... and these replacement blades are expensive as hell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're totally right about the blades! But as far as I know all of them are ridiculously expensive in Switzerland :(

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!