Monday, 20 October 2014

Autumn Essentials

Nearly two weeks have gone by since I showed you my top three autumn nail varnishes. But as you might have guessed, that's not the only thing I'm wearing during this season so let's have a look at some of my favourite autumnal bits and bops. 

1. Starting with makeup, I do change my routine a little every season but so far it has still been pretty warm in Switzerland and I didn't really get into the autumn mood so the "full change" hasn't happened yet. But what I can tell you so far, I'm loving MAC's "Plumful" and it'll come along with me in my handbag till I can't stand it any longer. How I like it best: combined with winged liner and a hint of some light eyeshadow. 


 2. Big, cozy scarves are my absolute favourite fashion item. As soon as I can wear them, I'll get them out of the drawer and snuggle into them. These two are the ones I wear most often. The lighter one is from H&M (last season, around CHF 20?) and the dark grey scarf is from Miss Selfridge. I purchased it while I was in Wales (and London) in September for £17 and loved it every day since. 



3. Checked shirts: I've been looking for a checked shirt for quite a while because I wanted to get one which fits me perfectly, and I'm happy that I finally found it. It's from a brand called Noisy May which is sold in Vero Moda and you can get it for CHF 40. 


4. Leather Jacket: I can't wear black leather jackets because it makes me look a bit stiff so I chose a sporty brown one. I'd like to get a more elegant one as well but as you know leather jackets aren't the cheapest so this will have to wait. Anyway, I think a leather jacket always manages to add the extra little something to an outfit. 


5. Boots: Shoes are the small thing that can change the whole look of an outfit. Sexy, edgy or elegant, they can do it all, can't they? My everyday favourites this autumn are these brown Roberto Santi leather boots. They're not too flat but not too high either and they are extremely comfortable. I love the combination of the suede and leather and the details are gorgeous. Plus, the price is reasonable too: CHF 80. 


What are your favourite autumn pieces? Do you change your makeup routine depending on the season?
If you like my blog, I'd be delighted if you'd follow me on Bloglovin, Instagram and/or Twitter

Love,
Cheryl






5 comments:

  1. Everyone needs a berry lip this time of year!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Love your blog! It's soooo interesting! Ive nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award! All the details can be found here http://floral-escape.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/one-lovely-blog-award.html
    Check it out! Much Love x

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are my essentials too. lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!