Wednesday, 29 October 2014

Nail tutorial: Mystical French

It's time for another nail tutorial. I don't really know how to describe this design, but I went for "mystical french" because it's a french nail with something like a mystique air. Now, let's stop talking and get into it:


Step 1: Prep your nails as usual. I'm still using the Dikla polish as a base but if you want to create a "real" french, use a sheer light pink nail polish.

Step 2: Instead of painting a white tip I went for light pink (Maybelline "pink whisper"). Let the varnish dry for a few minutes. 

Step 3: Choose a dark colour such as the Catrice "320 Back to Black" and take your thin nail art brush or a toothpick to create the thin spikes. I started by attempting to paint a very fine line under the pink tip and added three spikes. The first goes up towards the tip of your nail, then a short one just underneath the line and a longer one reaching a little further than the middle of your nail (not that I would think that much while painting my nails, but I need to describe it somehow after ;)). 

Step 4: Choose your second colour, I'd suggest a metallic tone similar to the one you've used to paint the tips, in my case: KIKO 630. Now follow the dark spikes with this colour but at the tip of the nail you want to fill in the right side next to the small spike with the metallic shade. Again, let the polishes dry.

Step 5: You sure they're dry? If so, add a topcoat and be patient for just a few more minutes or use a quick dry spray to make the nail polishes dry faster. 



I hope you like the tutorial, I haven't done one in a while because autumn is more of a one colour season for me, but maybe you could use this one for halloween, who knows ;)

Love,
Cheryl

7 comments:

  1. I suck at nail art hahaha, Great psot

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you've got other talents ;) thank you, Candice!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh great job, this looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Dee! It's not the easiest one to paint with the left hand but it's worth the time ;)

      Delete
    2. Oh yes its always such a pain for me to paint anything on my right hand, so thats definitely a plus!!

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!