Tuesday, 14 October 2014

Review: Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum



A little over two weeks ago the clinique smart custom-repair serum found it's way into my skincare-stash. Since then, I've used it twice a day onto my cleansed skin and before my moisturizer. 
Clinique says, the serum is a "targeted repair for your unique concerns". This means, it works against wrinkles, dark spots, uneven skin tone, dullness and loss of elasticity and it's suitable for all skin types. That's a lot of claims! Important for me: the product is 100% fragrance free and allergy tested. 


As you can see, the list of ingredients is extremely long. I personally can't tell you whether this is a good or a bad thing but I am able to tell you how the serum works for me.



The serum has a rosy-beige colour and feels very light on the skin. It sinks in immediately and leaves the skin feeling extremely smooth and firm, the good kind of firm that is. Fragrance-wise you can hardly smell anything, if I'd try to describe it I'd say it smells clean and sort of minty. Now, what about the effects? There's nothing written about immediate effects but I'm happy to say that this serum changed my skin in pretty much no time. My skin didn't only feel better but also looked more radiant and even. My pores and dark spots seemed to be less visible and the fine lines I tend to get because of my dry skin are nearly gone. Any complaints? No, the serum does live up to it's claims and in this case I think that's quite impressive! I'm one happy customer. 
The sample I got included in the Manor Stylebox contains 10ml and in over two weeks (two pumps twice a day) I used a bit over half of it. 
The price hurts a little, CHF 127 for 50ml but I've been looking for a serum I like for years so I reckon I'd rather spend the money on the one I love than on the next three my skin doesn't get along with. 

What do you think about the clinique smart serum? Would you be doubtful regarding the many effects it claims to have? 

Love,
Cheryl





2 comments:

  1. I have heard nothing but amazing things about this serum. DAMMIT! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, my words! Not exactly a budget buy this serum… but just too good to ignore ;-)

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!