Thursday, 9 October 2014

Review: Veet Wax Strips with Easy Grip Legs&Body - Sensitive Skin

During this summer I used my sugaring paste to remove unwanted bodyhair. I'm still very pleased with that method, but I wanted to try the new formula of the Veet Wax Strips for sensitive skin. Before I discovered the sugaring method, that's what I've used regularly (but usually from the brand 'I am'). 
I don't really know what they've changed in the new formula but I wanted to give them a try anyway. They contain almond oil and Vitamin E to calm the skin. 



The first difference I noticed is, it's a lot less messy than sugaring because you don't have to touch the wax. All you do is just warm the strips between your hands (rubrubrub). 























The not so nice difference is the fact that waxing strips are more painful than sugaring and after doing the latter for quite a while I seem to be more algesic than before. But what made me regret buying the wax strips was the way my legs looked after I've used the wax. Some of the hair has been removed, but a lot was still left and it definitely wasn't too short (not going into detail here). I would like to stop my complaints now but sadly there's one more: the perfect finish wipes don't live up to their claims either. Four are included in the packaging but to remove all the wax which still clung to my legs I needed all of them and my legs still felt sticky. And now I have four wax strips left but no wipes. I know I could use babyoil as a remover but I'd rather have enough wipes included in the packaging. 



I want to end this post with something positive about this product: I do have very sensitive skin and I used to have an allergic reaction to the normal Veet wax strips. With the new one's my skin doesn't get irritated at all. It's still not the most gentle way of hair removal but it certainly doesn't do any harm. The wax strips are available for CHF 11.90.

How do you remove unwanted body hair? Have you tried the DIY sugaring wax yet?
As for me, Im going out to buy a lemon and some sugar now...


Love,
Cheryl


P.S. I'm sorry for the bad quality of the pictures, not being at home while creating a blogpost isn't the best idea I've ever had...



2 comments:

  1. I didn't like these. I needed almost a whole pack for my two legs and they didn't do a great job at removing all hair.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!