Thursday, 27 November 2014

Liebster Award

A few days ago, the lovely Dee from HowDee! nominated me for a Liebster Award. Thank you, Dee :) If you're a lipstick lover and interested in fitness, make sure to check out her amazing blog! 


I do like this award because it contains funny questions and you get to know the blogger a little better. 
And these are the rules to the award :
1. Link back to the person that nominated you.
2. Answer questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
4. Create 11 questions for the nominees.
5. Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.

Let's have a look at the main part of the award: Answering the questions, yayy ;)


1. What made you want to start a blog?
There are several things... firstly, I like to write. I do write a lot at Uni, but not about the stuff I want to and writing a research report is hardly the same as creative writing. Secondly, I have dry and very sensitive skin and the products mentioned on other blogs often didn't work for me. So I thought there might be other people with the say problem, so why not start my own blog?
2. If you could change something about the beauty blogging industry right now what would it be?
I would send samples only to bloggers sharing their utterly honest opinion on products. 

3. You have 5  seconds to choose between your favourite lipstick and your favourite eyeliner – which one do you pick?
That's easy: My favourite lipstick. I often use eyeshadow as an alternative for eyeliner anyway, so taking away my eyeliner wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. 

4. What’s your MOST favourite lipstick  of all time?
My all time favourite lipstick has recently been replaced by the Estée Lauder pure color envy sculpting lipstick in "discreet". There are a lot of posts on this one already but it's my new favourite, so I guess you don't mind if I do one too ;)

5.  You’re given 500$ to spend. You have to choose between clothes, makeup, shoes , books and a geeky gadget. What would you spend it on ?:)
Clothes! I know, it's a shame I didn't pick makeup as a beauty blogger but I'd rather buy some very classy staples for my wardrobe than a pile of palettes and lipsticks I can't use all the time.  

6. What’s your favourite vacation destination?
New Zealand. I have relatives over there and it feels like a second home to me. Everyone's very friendly and open-minded and the landscape is truly stunning. 


7. Do you have special skill/talent that we don’t know about ?
This is a tough one, Dee! My optometrist just told me today that my tears are of very good quality, does this count? ;)

8. Would you rather be in : A pretty dress and heels / jeans  and sneakers ?
Depends on the occasion. I love get ready for special events but I'd rather look hot in jeans and sneakers, if you know what I mean... 

9. Are you a brand snob ?;)
No, not at all. Quality is definitely more important to me, clothes- and makeup- wise. But the packaging of high end products can sometimes be very convincing... ;)

10. What was the last life-changing  tip that you received from someone? ( makeup or non-makeup related)
That I shouldn't care too much about what others think of me. It makes life one hell of a lot easier.

11. Tell us about an app that you love !( can be a game, a photo-editing app..anything!)
The sports app of my university. It tells me when the next lessons take place, what they are, where they are and it just makes my life better :)


Thanks for the great questions, Dee! Now I have to come up with 11 more people and questions... 
I'm not sure if I know enough bloggers with less than 200 followers, but this tag is about getting to know other blogs, so let's at least try: 
I nominate...

Macha from Feathers and Brushes
Alice from Always, Alice x
Candice from Beauty Candy Loves
Julie from Juliesdreams
Carole from Chasing Shadows
El from El Willmer
My dear friend Margot Lionel
Eyebrow-lover Pippi 
Becky from Star-Violet
Beauty Junkie Valena from Und noch vieles mehr
and finally... you! Yes, you! If you feel like answering the questions, please do and leave a link to your blog below. I'd love to read it :)

And here are my questions for you:
1. If you had to describe your style in one word, what would it be?
2. Do you have a holy grail makeup item?
3. What do you think is different in your blog compared to others? 
4. If you could choose any job you wanted, what would you want to become and why? 
5. Do you have a quirk? If yes, what is it? 
6. How do you get yourself motivated to write a blogpost if you're not in the mood?
7. Have you already planned any new years resolutions? If yes, reveal one :)
8. Do you ever leave the house without wearing makeup? 
9. What makes you feel beautiful?
10. What is the favourite part of your makeup routine?
11. Are you a sucker for cute packaging?

I'm looking forward to your answers :)

Love,
Cheryl


9 comments:

  1. I'd love to visit New Zealand, or anywhere I haven't been before. Congrats! :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love traveling :) And New Zealand is definitely worth a trip! Thanks, Carmen!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the nomination!

    I'd go with the $500 to spend on clothes as well - I already have a ton of makeup that will probably last me more than a lifetime. Lol at good quality tears, I've never heard about that one before. At least it's better than hearing that you have bad quality tears, I guess :P

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becky!
      Haha, that's what I thought, too ;)

      Delete
  3. Bahah loved your answers Cheryl! Another post on any lipstick is ALWAYS welcome IMO no matter how many other people have written about it because there is NO singlar reality...there are as many realities ( and hence opinions) as there are people - so the more, the merrier I say!! Wow NZ *does* look gorgeous! I would be so happy to call that home/ second home too :) If im given 500$ now id probably spend it on clothes too Cheryl!I have all the makeup that I can handle. Thanks for answering :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thought id answer some your qs too coz its fun:)
    1. If you had to describe your style in one word, what would it be? comfy-cute!
    2. Do you have a holy grail makeup item? Yes - my itcosmetics concealer
    3. What do you think is different in your blog compared to others? its mine:) EVERYONE is different!
    6. How do you get yourself motivated to write a blogpost if you're not in the mood? I dont any more - i just dont write it!
    7. Have you already planned any new years resolutions? If yes, reveal one :) Yes - dont buy any more makeup unless its something i KNOW I absolutely need ( and there is nothing like that right now) .
    8. Do you ever leave the house without wearing makeup? Not normally but I have on occasion yep!
    10. What is the favourite part of your makeup routine? the finishing touches ( the last bit of setting powder and see it all come together :) )
    11. Are you a sucker for cute packaging?YES YES YES ..and yes:s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for answering :) I made the makeup resolution last year and it was not a total fail if you know what I mean... ;)

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!