Tuesday, 18 November 2014

Sephora - Daily Brush Cleaner

When it comes to cleaning my brushes, I'm sometimes a little lazy. I tried to keep up a sunday-is-brush-clean-day routine, but let's face it: I just forget about it and during the week I can't wash them properly, because I want to use them again the next day which isn't particularly pleasant if the brush is still wet. 
Due to my frantically hygienic mindset, I needed to come up with another solution. And that's the part where this little guy comes in:


I've read a lot about Sephoras daily brush cleanser on the internet and when I got the chance to get it, I didn't hesitate. So basically, the only thing you do is to spray some of the liquid directly onto your brush and move the brush in a circular motion on a paper towel or whatever you've got. And it's clean! I mean, if you haven't washed you brush for a month or so it won't remove all of the makeup, but I tend to cleanse my eyeshadow brushes with this every other day. It's quick and effective. I use it on my foundation brushes as well and it works fine, I just like to wash my foundation brushes properly on a regular basis. 


I was a little concerned about not rinsing the brush after I've used this cleaner, but it doesn't contain alcohol but natural and nurturing ingredients such as sandalwood and barley. The "master cleanse" dries quickly and leaves your brush soft and conditioned. As you might be able to tell: I'm a fan! 
I do still clean my brushes thoroughly every once in a while, a quick cleaner is nice but doesn't remove everything. However, I can use my brushes longer before washing them which is all I wanted. 
You can get the daily brush cleaner at Sephora for $15. 

Have you tried this cleaner? How regularly do you clean your brushes?

Love,
Cheryl



5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great buy.. I usually just use liquid soap and luke warm water to wash my makeup brushes.

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a baby shampoo, works just fine ;)

      Delete
  2. Sounds great, I'll have to check it out:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to deep clean my brushes once a week but … in reality I can't be bothered. I really need to invest in a spot cleanser. Maybe that one =)

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean... it just takes too much time to deep clean them :(

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!