Sunday, 9 November 2014

Sunday Treat: Orange-Cinnamon Crumble Cake

Last week I started a survey to ask you about topics you'd be interested in so I could include some on this blog. It's still on so if you want to let me know your wishes, click here. So far it looks like baking is very well approved and guess what I've done today? Yes, I've made a cake.
What you need to know, I use a recipe as a general guideline and change whatever I want to (read: whatever I can find in my kitchen). So basically I end up with a totally different cake, but who cares if it tastes good? 
What I'll share with you is my altered recipe, which is an Orange-Cinnamon Crumble Cake (used to be a coffee cake…).




Ingredients


Streusel:
60g unsalted butter, melted
60g brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
a pinch of ground nutmeg
80g all-purpose flour

Cake:
80g unsalted butter at room temperature
130g granulated sugar
2 large eggs at room temperature
2 teaspoons grated orange zest
1 teaspoon Cointreau (orange liqueur)
180g crème fraiche
150g all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat the oven to 180°C (350° Fahrenheit).
Start with the Streusel: Stir the sugar into the melted butter. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg and flour. Mix well and set aside.  

For the cake: Beat the butter and sugar with a spoon or whisk until light then add the eggs, one at a time. Add the Cointreau, orange zest and crème fraiche. 
In a separate bowl, combine all the other ingredients, then combine the two mixtures. 


Spoon the batter into the prepared pan (I recommend 22cm). Now, crumble the streusel evenly over the batter. 
Bake for 50-60 minutes and check with a cake tester if the cakes done.




This cake is very soft except for the lovely cinnamon-streusel crust. Enjoy!

Love,
Cheryl

3 comments:

  1. I am drooling all over my keyboard here, that looks SO delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!