Monday, 24 November 2014

Winter Skincare Routine: Face

Winter's coming and my skin is getting dryer so it's time to change to my winter skincare routine. Let's have a look at the products:


Morning: First thing in the morning I remove any "dirt" or access oils with a micellar solution such as the Garnier Micellar Cleanser. 

Eyecream: Origins Gin-zing; this eye cream feels very refreshing. It's hydrating and brightens my under eye area without being too heavy, so it's no problem to apply makeup on top of it. 


Serum: I haven't used this serum immediately after I've finished my sample, because I still had my "old" serum to use. But as soon as I came back to the Clinique Smart serum, I was wowed again. My skin felt softer and looked more even instantly. I have no idea how this works, but it's good... If you want to learn more about it, you may read my review here

Spot treatment: Whenever I need it, I apply a tiny bit of the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo + on the areas, where I've got spots or blemishes. It helps a lot with reducing redness and fighting spots. Again, you can find my review here, but you have to know that it was one of my first reviews ;)

Moisturizer: This winter, I went back to the La Roche-Posay Hydreane Riche. Even though it's called "riche", it doesn't feel heavy on the skin but provides enough moisture while it's still a perfect base for makeup. 

Evening: 
I'm still loyal to my Clinique "take the day off" cleansing balm to remove my makeup, which is always the first step in the evening. After that, there's not a big difference to my morning routine, I just change my moisturizer for a night cream, which is the Clinique moisture surge overnight mask. This is very soothing and hydrates my skin. You can find a full review of my two moisturizers here.

Before I go to bed, I also apply the Nuxe rêve de miel lip balm which might be the best lip balm I've ever had. It's very rich, so I don't want to apply it during the day but it makes my lips incredibly soft. 

I haven't changed a lot in my winter skincare routine since last year, mainly because I have been very pleased with it. I've found my serum now, but I'm still not 100% percent sure about the eye cream. I like it, but I'm pretty sure I'd find a better one for my skintype. Any suggestions?

Do you change your skincare routine during winter? Which are your favourite products?

Love,
Cheryl

4 comments:

  1. That Nuxe lip balm really is something! I also like applying it when I'm at home or about to go to bed. As much as I love it, I don't like taking jar products with me on the go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like jars in general... too many brands have them. I use a q-tip to apply the balm because it's more hygienic.

      Delete
  2. I love the Nuxe lip balm. It's absolutely perfect for chapped lips =) I use the peru-stick for on the go because I don't like to take it around with me either.

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peru-stick? Never heard of that, but I just googled it and it sounds very interesting!

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!