Wednesday, 7 January 2015

2014 Beauty Favourites


When I went trough my makeup to throw away the old products I decided to pick my favourite products of 2014 to show you. I don't have a product out of each category but the ones I enjoyed using the most. 

Let's start with my all time favourite Batiste dry shampoo. I'm pretty sure most of you are familiar with this product. It's not available in Switzerland, so I need to stock up on it every time I'm in England or Germany. For my fine hair this is about the only dry shampoo that manages to make my hair look fresh again without adding weight. In fact, it adds volume which stays for at least a few hours. Very impressive!

Yes, this has to be in here again: the Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum. Best. Thing. Ever. Maybe I just never had a good serum before but this works wonders for my skin. 

Have I ever showed you my Naked 3? I don't know... It just found it's way into my hands at the end of 2013 and has been loved ever since. I use the colours strange and limit nearly every day. Which are your favourites? Unlike the Naked 3, I didn't like the l'oréal true match foundation from the start. It didn't work with my day cream I guess, but now with my winter moisturizer as a base it provides enough coverage with a lovely matte and still luminous finish. 
On to my favourite lipstick, the Estée Lauder Pure Colour Envy in 160 Discreet. Somehow this lipstick manages to make my lips look perfectly smooth and even. Especially in winter my lips tend to get quite dry so I can't wear anything drying on them but this one works just fine. You won't understand the smoothness until you tried it yourself, so run to the next Estée Lauder counter and apply this little beauty ;) 

Thanks to L'oréal, in 2014 I finally manage to tame my brows (that's 22 years of trying!). Their brow artist plumper is like a normal brow gel but works better than the ones I've used before. Don't know what they did, but hey, it works!

Exam time... imagine my dark circles and dull skin! I really do need a little freshness and extra light in my face and the L'oréal lumi magique highlighting pen does just that. And to make my eyes look awake I can always rely on the Kat von D tattoo liner. It's easy to handle and stays on the whole day.

Maybelline's "pink whisper" has been on my nails pretty much the whole summer. It has a marvelous finish and looks very soft and natural. On my nails, it lasts for at least 4 days without chipping. 

That's it for my 2014 favourites. Do you use some of the products? Which is your number one favourite of 2014?


Love,
Cheryl


10 comments:

  1. Awesome picks! The UD Naked palette and EL's Pure Color Envy lipsticks are definitely favorites of mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the naked 3 palette is clearly one of my favourites too. im currently using it on a daily basis. nooner ist just the perfekt shade to blend out every other eyeshadow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely blog post!!

    keep up the good work

    http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    would love to see you over on my blog

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jade! See you on your blog ;)

      Delete
  4. I love Urban Decay! and I really want to get some Clinuqe, can't wait till pay day so I can go shopping!
    Love your blog <3
    Please check out mine

    Meme xx

    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meme! Clinique has a lot of reliable products, you should really try some of their stuff.
      Sure, I'll check it out, thanks for the link :)

      Delete
  5. Loved ur 2014 favorites..glad to know clinique smary setum working on u..just launched im India..was looking for some feedback to go ahead with it

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!