Saturday, 24 January 2015

Carnival Inspired Nail Tutorial

In some parts of Switzerland people celebrate carnival in February. I'm not planning on taking part in it this year, but I thought it would make a great theme for a nail tutorial, so here we go:
Carnival in Switzerland involves a lot of confetti, costumes and very loud music played by marching bands. It's mainly the confetti I took as an inspiration for this tutorial. I started by preparing my nails with my Dikla Express nail hardener. As a base colour I used the Maybelline Super Stay 7 Days Gel Nail Colour in pink whisper. On my ring finger I chose Catrices 240 sold out for ever, a pale green. Carnival is kind of whacky, so I guess the pastel colour blocking is a good choice in this case. 




















Now this nail design is an easy one, we're nearly done. The next step is to add a coat of the Formula X Effects Top Coat demolition. This is a very fun confetti nail polish and it's quality is dreamy! Even though some of the confetti parts are quite big the polish applies evenly and last for ages. As a finishing touch add a layer of the top coat of your choice. I went for the Maybelline Super Stay crystal clear as it provides protection for my nails (I need that because I'm moving house on Monday!) and adds a lovely gel like finish.


When do you celebrate carnival in your country if you do? And what is it like?

Love,
Cheryl

4 comments:

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!