Sunday, 18 January 2015

Lipstick Faves & Updates

It's been a while since I published my last post but here I am again with my lipstick favourites. Well, actually not all of them are lipsticks, it's more of a lip product faves so let's see what I've got for you...


I picked five lip products when I went through my makeup again, to decide what to keep and what to get rid of. These are the ones that made the cut: 


MAC Plumful
You might have seen this one in my autumn essentials post. It's a lustre formula in a gorgeous plum shade.  It's very easy to wear in an everyday makeup or for a night out. See it on my lips here.


Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color - Crushed Plum
Another plum shade, but this time a little more vampy. This is the only dark matte lipstick I own and I think it's absolutely stunning! It lasts on my lips for ages but I'd recommend to use a lipliner such as the KIKO one in the picture to prevent the lipstick from bleeding. Even though it's a matte lipstick, it doesn't dry my lips. I need a good lipbalm before I apply it, but then it's just fine. 


Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick - Discreet
I raved about this beauty already on this blog, but here it is again: Estée Lauders Discreet just makes me happy. The colour looks kind of dull and brownish but my lips are quite dark and I don't get anywhere with the pinky nudes, that's why this is my all time favourite nude lipstick. It's very easy to apply, moistures my lips and makes them look perfectly even. 


YSL Glossy Stain - Nr. 10 Rouge Philtre
The colour I wore on Christmas Eve, you can see it in action here. When it comes to long lasting lip products this is the way to look. In my opinion, the YSL Glossy Stains are by far the best in that category. When I use it, I apply one layer, wait for a minute, remove whats still wet and apply another layer. It would be enough to go with the first layer, but somehow it just stays longer on my lips when I apply it as I described. I chose this gorgeous red with a hint of pink. Not an everyday colour if you ask me, but perfect for your special occasion. 


L'oréal Caresse 103 Marilyn
Another lipstain, this time from L'oréal. I heard it's a dupe for the YSL glossy stains and that's why I bought it in the first place. Compared to the original, the L'oréal Caresse stain doesn't last as long but it's still pretty amazing. As you might know, they both belong to the L'oréal company, I guess that's why the formula is much alike. I love the fresh pink and if you dab it onto your lips, it makes a great everyday colour and you don't have to worry about reapplying all the time.


These were my five favourites of the moment. I was surprised to see that none of the shades look alike, I really get some change only by using my favourites ;)

Now I have some news to share: I finally found a flat and I'm moving in in about two weeks. I'm very excited because I managed to find a very modern flat in the city to move in with a friend from university. I'll show you some of the stuff I got for the flat during the next weeks. Other posts that will follow are a winter fashion haul, my favourite recipe in winter and some nail stuff.

Have a lovely Sunday and I'll see you soon!

Cheryl

9 comments:

  1. The packaging of Estee Lauder and YSL looks so beautiful , love the gold

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Estée Lauder one, you can hear a very satisfying "click" when you close the lid because it's magnetic ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, I cannot believe how DIFFERENT Discreet looks on you! On me it's this kind of rosy caramel brown! Crazy :-) Guess it's your undertone that makes the color look different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen your picture and thought the same but I love it either way :)

      Delete
  3. I love the MAC plumful, but saying that they're all colours that would suit me.
    Lovely post going to have some fun when I go shopping.

    Meme xx
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meme. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun :)

      Delete
  4. I probably need mac plumful in my life … so many people rave about it =)

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!