Saturday, 28 February 2015

February Favourites

Having only 28 days, February's nearly gone and I'm ready to talk about my most used products this month. Have a look :)


During February I often felt like wearing natural makeup combined with a bold lip. Because I'm at university and can't be bothered to reapply my lipstick all the time, I wore lipstains instead of lipstick and particularly enjoyed the YSL glossy stain in Nr. 10 and the L'oréal Caresse in Marilyn
Even though the quality of these two is good, I'd recommend using a good lipbalm to keep your lips hydrated while wearing lipstains. The Body Shop Mango lip butter is a lovely moisturising product and the scent is clearly addictive! Talking about scents, I fell in love with the Eau de Lacoste again. I bought this about two years ago and somehow forgot about it. The fresh and fruity scent makes me long for spring and summer even more but winter is still very present in Switzerland.

Last week I raved about the Lancôme Miracle Cushion foundation, so of course it's in my favourites this month. I wore it every day since I got it and I'm extremely happy with it. It's hydrating and has an SPF of 23. It leaves a very natural and dewy finish and feels like I'm not wearing any foundation on my skin. Click here to read my full review. 

When it comes to eye makeup I kept it very simple. I wore a nude base colour and applied a very thin line of my brown Manhattan long-lasting gel eyeliner. Applying brown eyeliner instead of black creates a softer and more natural look which I really like. After not being too happy with the Revlon bold laqcuer mascara I gladly came back to the Clinique high impact mascara. It adds length and volume to my lashes without being too heavy. Even though it lasts all day it's very easy to remove. 

That's it for my monthly favourites. Which products did you enjoy the most during February?

Love,
Cheryl



8 comments:

  1. Nice picks! I really really REALLY need to try the new Lancome foundation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay ysl #10..one of my favourites too! You'll have to do a demo of this skin cushion foundation Cheryl...i dont think your review post had any pics of you wearing it ! Would love to see what it looks like on . Girl your lashes don't need any mascara..but I'm with you on the clinique one. Have it and love it. Also agree with your comments on em the revlon one like I mentioned in another post of yours too. Tcare and enjoy your lemon rolls hehe xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have my usual camera anymore and with the one I use right now I haven't been able to take a decent picture, still trying though. I won't give up ;)
      Thanks, Dee! Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  3. You just reminded me to use my l'oréal caresse again… I completely forgot about them. Thanks =D

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice favorites and everybody seems to be liking the Lancome foundation :)
    http://itskrisworld.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That YSL looks stunning. You can NEVER go wrong there :D


    MAKE IT RAYNE
    XX

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!