Monday, 16 February 2015

Review: Revlon Bold Lacquer Mascara by Grow Luscious



I did a quick first impression on this mascara in late November when I got it in the Manor Stylebox. Now I'd like to share my thoughts after using it for a while. This is the waterproof formula of the Bold Lacquer Mascara for length and volume. First of all, I don't like the packaging but that doesn't say anything about the quality of the product, it's just not for my liking. The colour I have is blackest black and the name speaks for itself. If you want reallyreally black lashes, this is the mascara for you. As most mascaras do, except maybe for the Lancôme Hypnôse Doll Eyes, the Bold Lacquer mascara stinks but who takes a smell at mascaras anyway? (I consider myself guilty...) 


As you can see, the brush is quite big and adds serious length and volume to your lashes. Sounds pretty promising so far but sadly the brush picks up too much product for my taste and it's a little clumpy. 
In my first impression I said that it's possible to create a very natural look. Well, I don't know what I did back then but somehow I've never been able to recreate the natural looking lashes. If you want to achieve a very dramatic eye makeup look for a night out, I'd very much recommend this mascara. It holds the curl perfectly during the whole day and doesn't smudge at all. And I really put that to the test. I wore it during my workouts and it didn't move a bit, not even when I showered afterwards. 
So would I buy it again?
No, I wouldn't. I don't wear a dramatic eye makeup on an everyday basis and if I want one, I can easily apply two or three layers of for example my Clinique High Impact mascara. But if you like that false lash effect with a lot of volume and you don't mind clumpy lashes, try it. I've found a lot of contradictory reviews on this product, so you might need to try it for yourself but what I do know: it's not a mascara for my lashes.

Did you try the Bold Lacquer mascara? What are your experiences with it?

Love,
Cheryl


9 comments:

  1. I think that the brush would be too big for me, I have Essence mascara that look exactly like it

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one a lot actually, I love that it doesn't clump at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know whether there's something wrong with my one but mine does clump :(

      Delete
    2. Maybe warm it up in a cup of warm water for a bit, I don't know... Mine never did.

      Delete
  3. I didn't try this one, I tried the lash potion one and I found that the waterproof formula was amazing ! Doesn't budge and isn't too much of a nightmare to take off. However I'm a fan of bold lashes so I might give this one a go at some point (not a big fan of clumping though (that's quite an understatement :P))

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha who does like clumping anyway? This one is pretty hard to take off, too. But maybe you'll like it :)

      Delete
  4. same thing here ..picks up way too much product. But like all my other mascaras I usually wipe it lightly a couple of times on tissue. back of my hand before applying and that helps !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! And it's good to hear that I'm not the only one struggling with the mascara.

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!