Wednesday, 4 March 2015

Estée Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara

Today I'm talking about mascara... again! This time it's the Estée Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara:


This water based mascara is unscented and claims to add volume and an extra lift to your lashes. It comes in a gorgeous golden packaging and contains 6ml of the actual product. The brush is a little longer than the standard but I like it because it picks up the perfect amount of product to get a natural finish applying one layer. 


The first layer adds some serious length to my lashes and they clearly look more defined. In the first picture, two of my lashes seemed to like each other a lot which doesn't look very nice but you know, I never claimed myself to be a pro at applying mascara evenly ;) Applying another layer, it still isn't clumpy and the volume appears. Can you tell the difference?

one layer
two layers
In the second picture you can see the reflection of the lights around my vanity table, whoops. I'd say the mascara doesn't make my lashes look thicker but they're quite thick naturally so I don't mind. It stays on the whole day but it's not waterproof. I doesn't smudge when I'm at the gym but having a shower afterwards isn't exactly what makes the mascara look prettier...
However, I really like the look this mascara creates so it'll stay in my makeup bag till I find another one because my beloved Clinique mascara is nearly empty. 
At CHF 37.90 I wouldn't call it a bargain but the quality is good so I'm okay with the price. 

Have you tried this mascara? What do you think of it?
Btw, I've had a request to upload a picture of me wearing the Lancôme Miracle Cushion foundation. After moving out I haven't purchased my own SLR camera yet so I sometimes struggle with taking accurate pictures of the makeup I'd like to show you. Nevertheless, I added a picture to the post now. If you'd like to see more pictures of a product or want to see it included in a look, don't be afraid to ask. I'm always open to suggestions.

Love,
Cheryl





6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Candice! I'm really happy with the results too :)

      Delete
  2. Your lashes look AMAZING! I like this mascara. I need to be careful when applying it though. If I use too much it clumps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Melissa :) To be honest, I've never applied more than two layers so I can't really say anything about this problem myself.

      Delete
  3. wow really nice effect .
    Never tried these but always wanted to..
    definitely getting it soon :)
    http://itskrisworld.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Krithi. It's definitely worth a try :)

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!