Sunday, 22 March 2015

Review and Look: Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eye Pencil

I’ve been testing the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eye Pencils for a little over two weeks and it’s time to share my thoughts on them*.


The pencils are waterproof and very soft and easy to apply. They don’t dry immediately, so you may smudge the liner after applying for a softer or smoky look. To do so, there's a silicon applicator at the other end of the pencil which makes it effortless to blend the eye pencil even precisely. 


I’d recommend to use a primer before applying it because even though it says „stay-in-place eye pencil“, it doesn’t necessarily stay in place all day without the primer but transfers to the upper lid. Nevertheless, application is easy and the colours are truly lovely. 




Saphire is a nearly black but still kind of blue colour, so it’s a little softer than a black eye liner and enhances the colour of blue eyes beautifully. Pearl is a perfect champagne colour to lighten up the inner corner of you eyes or to add some light to your eye makeup. The colours are intense and I find it easier to apply the eye pencil with dots and connect them afterwards. It’s a little difficult to sharpen the eye pencil with my sharpener due to the softness of the pencils but I guess with a better sharpener than my very old and cheap one this shouldn’t create a real struggle.

By and large the pencils are great. I didn't manage to create the perfect line on the first go but as soon as you get used to them, the results are very pleasing. I would highly recommend the Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eye Pencils and I'm sure I'll use them a lot. 
In Switzerland they retail for CHF 28.90. 

And this is the full look that I wore to a friends birthday:


Products I’ve used:

Face: 
L’oréal true match foundation - Vanilla
L’Oréal True match concealer - 02 (under-eye area)
Collection Concealer (blemishes) - light
Sleek Face Form Palette - fair
KIKO Daring Game blush - ebony
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - translucent

Eyes: 
Urban Decay Primer Potion
UD Naked 3 - Strange
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eye Pencil - saphire & pearl
Lancôme Hypnôse Star mascara


Lips: Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick - discreet

Have you tried these eye pencils? What are your thoughts on them?
Have a lovely Sunday!

Love,
Cheryl


*press sample

9 comments:

  1. They work really well, and it looks so natural on your eye :)

    Meme xx

    New post out now:
    'CND SolarOil // Healthier Stronger Nails'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how soft they are. Thanks, Meme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the green and blue one, but I still want to gold and beige one :-) I need some lighter eye pencils. These two look nice, and I love the party look, you looked great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours are right up my street. Thank you, Melissa :)

      Delete
  4. The look you created is great but you haven't convinced me to spend more money to get them. I'd expect something a bit more spectacular for the price :P (I know, I have unreasonable expectations ^^)
    The champagne colour is gorgeous though. I'll admit that =)

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Macha. They are pricy, the colours are lovely though but I'm not sure I'd spend that much on eye pencils either.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful result!
    Have a nice week end!
    Natallia Jolliet
    http://www.alexphotographygeneva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pencils look beautiful, and very pigmented :)
    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!