Friday, 3 April 2015

Favourite Nude Nail Polishes

I just noticed I haven't posted a lot about nails recently even though I have a passion for nail polishes. Today I'd like to show you my five favourite nude nail polishes. I own a lot of nude colours because they go with pretty much everything and look quite chic.  These are the colours I chose:


On my thumb I applied Nr. 304 little sister from Anny. The colour shows up a little too orange on camera so it looks like I've cheated but I'd say it still counts as a nude, even if it's a more corally one? Anny nail polishes are very easy to apply and the finish is amazing! Very glossy and smooth, two thumbs up. 

From top of the picture to the bottom I'm wearing Manhattan Lotus Effect longlasting Nail Polish in 20N, KIKO nail lacquer in 478, Maybelline Super Stay 7 Days Gel Nail Color in Pink Whisper and on my pinky finger Doutzen's Nude out of L'Oréals Collection Privée. The last two look pretty similar but Pink Whisper is slightly more blue toned and the finish is different. The Maybelline nail polish has a more gel like texture whereas Doutzen's Nude is a "normal" nail polish. More on these two in this blogpost

Manhattans 20N, a peachy beige, is a new shade in their Lotus Effect collection*. The nail polishes are longlasting and dry very fast. Even though application is easy, the finish isn't as smooth as I wished it to be. You have to be careful not to create bubbles while applying the nail polish because the texture is quite thick. Despite that fact, I really like the colour.

KIKO does some lovely nail polishes and their colour range is tremendous! They're inexpensive and the quality is OK. The texture is rather liquid but it's opaque with two coats so no worries. I'd describe the colour as a toned down peach if that makes any sense. The thing I don't like that much about KIKO nail polishes is that some of them apply a little streaky, but stil, the colour is gorgeous so I use it anyway. 


If I have to pick a favourite I'd go for Doutzen's Nude because the soft pink looks best with my skin tone. Which one is your favourite? 

Love,
Cheryl


* PR sample

8 comments:

  1. Toller und interessanter Post!

    Gefällt mir sehr!

    Die Nagellack-Farben sind wirklich sehr schön!

    Wünsche Dir schöne Ostertage!

    xoxo Jacqueline
    www.hokis1981.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some really lovely nude colours, I could really see myself wearing these!

    Meme xx

    New post:
    '10 Things Boy's Just Don't Understand'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me lol. Just because Meme means grandma in Dutch :-)

      Delete
  3. I need to check out that ANNY nail lacquer! That's my favorite color of the bunch here, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll love it! The finish always looks great :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, I love this kind of posts and yours is amazing!
    Thank you for publishing it in blog!)

    p.s. do you like shopping or travel? Read how to save up 75% in my new post http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/04/universal-clothes.html

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!