Thursday, 28 May 2015

TAG - Beauty Products and Me

Hi everyone, long time no see!
In a few weeks (three or so) I'll say goodbye to my erratic posting schedule and I'll be able to post more often, which makes me really happy :)
Macha from Feathers and Brushes tagged me to do the "Beauty Products and Me" tag (thanks for that) and I like the questions so I decided to do it. My answers are completely honest and as in Machas post, some of my answers might surprise. So let's stop rambling but start with the tag:

1. How many times do you wash/cleanse your face?
I changed my cleansing routine just a few weeks ago (I'll talk about it on the blog as soon as I'm fully convinced with how it is). I wash my face in the morning and cleanse it with a micellar solution if I'm awake enough to remember... I'm currently using the Garnier micellar cleanser but I might change back to the Bioderma Sensibio. In the evenings I remove my makeup with the Louis Widmer eye makeup remover for waterproof makeup and cleanse my face properly with the Caudalie Mousse Nettoyante Fleur de Vigne. Every other to every third day I'll use the Braun Facial Cleansing Brush. The Soap and Glory face scrub comes into action every other week. Long story short - that's twice a day!


2. Do you use eye cream?
Yes! I always did and always will do. Currently I'm using the Origins GinZing, which is really good and illuminating but I still liked the Clinique all about eyes better because it does a better job at de-puffing my eyes. 

3. What do you think about fake lashes?
I bought some a few years ago and never used them. Shocking, I know but I love how my lashes look naturally and I never felt the urge to apply glue onto my eyelids...


4. What's your favourite mascara?
If you're a frequent reader of my blog you'll already know this: The Clinique high impact mascara. BUT when I first opened it, I didn't like it because the brush picked up too much product. After a while it dried a little and got just perfect. So for this reason I have a second favourite which is good from the beginning to the last bit of product: the Lancôme Hypnose Star mascara. The brush is unique and I'm able to reach the bottom of my lashes easily to add that extra volume. 

5. Do you always use an eye primer?
No, I always forget it. Well, I've applied it today but that's a coincidence. I love the Urban Decay Primer Potion and I try to use it more often, usually I only remember to apply it when I'm going out. 

6. Felt tip or pencil eyeliner?
Felt tip. Do you know the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner? If you do, your answer is felt tip ;) I think it's more precise than pencil eyeliner and it lasts longer (if you've got the right one that is).

7. Are you clumsy when doing your makeup?
Not really, except for when I'm using a new mascara with a really big brush, then I always end up with marks on my eyelids. And I'm not very good at applying blush evenly, I don't know why I find that so hard but sometimes it looks like I've applied a lot more product on one cheek than on the other but I wouldn't notice it in the morning. 

8. If you had to leave the house with just one makeup product, what would it be?
I guess it would have to be a concealer, you never know. Or is a lipbalm a makeup product? Because in that case it would be a lipbalm, I'd never leave the house without one. 


9. What's your favourite gloss?
I'm not really a gloss person because I don't like that you can usually feel them on the lips but if the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector counts as a gloss, it would be my favourite one because it looks good and nourishes my lips at the same time. The other product I chose is the YSL glossy stain which isn't a real gloss either but I guess I have to cheat on this question. 

10. What would you like to own very soon?
That's a tough one... I guess I wouldn't say no to the Lorac Pro Palette? And I'd like to try more products from Caudalie, I recently bought two of their products and absolutely love them. I reckon my next purchase would be one of their face masks. 

I hope you enjoyed this little tag and if you'd like to do it too, consider yourself tagged and copy the questions below. Please let me know, if you're doing the tag, I'd love to read your answers!

1. How many times do you wash/cleanse your face?
2. Do you use eye cream?
3. What do you think about fake lashes?
4. What's your favourite mascara?
5. Do you always use an eye primer?
6. Felt tip or pencil eyeliner?
7. Are you clumsy when doing your makeup?
8. If you had to leave the house with just one makeup product, what would it be?
9. What's your favourite gloss?
10. What would you like to own very soon?

7 comments:

  1. I cleanse my face everyday, and I noticed since I have, I have been getting less spots, but it's also best to moisturise so you don't get too much of a dry face :)

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    'I Quit Sugar For Life Recipe Book//GIVEAWAY'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your answer! Good for you for paying attention to your eye area. Too often we forget, but it's actually one of the areas that needs a lot of care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I totally agree with you!

      Delete
  3. Hey =)
    I'm so glad you did this tag !
    I can't wait to read more about your cleansing routine, especially about the face brush.
    You're probably right about the eye cream too but I never felt like it did anything for me… I'll try again still.
    I really want to try some Kat von D products … but they're kind of hard to get a hold of =( Where did you buy yours ?
    I enjoyed reading your answers :) thanks !

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me ages to find a suitable eyecream and I'm still not totally conviced with mine, so you might need to give them a chance ;)
      A friend of mine went to San Francisco and I asked her to buy it for mee, so I cheated :) I'll be in the USA and Canada this summer, can't wait to see (buy) all the lovely products they have!

      Delete
    2. Aw lucky you ! I bet you have quite an extensive wishlist :P
      Don't forget to check out Tarte =D
      x

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!