Sunday, 28 June 2015

Louis Widmer Eye Make-Up Remover

Today I'd like to introduce you to the Louis Widmer Eye Make-Up remover. This is the non-oily version for waterproof makeup. 
Louis Widmer is a Swiss brand with a great interest in creating products suitable for sensitive skin. That's what made me buy their products in the first place and I ended up repurchasing every single product I've bought over the years. This one was recommended to me by a friend. It doesn't contain any colourants or fragrance and is suitable for contact lens wearers which I am. 
You need to shake the bottle before using the product because the oily parts of the solution need to be mixed with the rest. This might be a little confusing but the product is still mainly water based. I use two cotton pads and apply some of the remover to each one of them. The only part of my makeup which is sometimes waterproof is my mascara, so I remove my eyeshadow first, then gently place the cotton pads onto my closed eyes for a few seconds. This way you're allowing the solution time to break the makeup so you're able to just remove it without rubbing your eyes.  

The Louis Widmer Make-Up remover is very effective used it this way. Sometimes I'm too impatient to wait with cotton pads on my eyes but then I end up with rests of mascara under my eyes the next morning which makes me feel bad so you know... just take your time removing all of your makeup before you go to bed. 
The product doesn't feel greasy and I never had issues wearing my contact lenses after using it, it lives up to its claims. One bottle with 100ml lasts a little over two months and at around CHF 17 it isn't too expensive either. If you're looking for a gentle but effective makeup remover I'd recommend to try this one. 

Have you tried any Louis Widmer products? And what's your favourite makeup remover?

Love,
Cheryl

P.S. I'll be hiking with a friend in the Swiss mountains tomorrow, if you'd like to see pictures, head over to my Insta.  

9 comments:

  1. Have fun hiking today! I started following you so I can keep an eye on your adventures ;-) Good to hear this make-up remover works so well. I'm definitely a Louis Widmer fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louis widmer produkt sind super, aber so wenig lüüt kennets..ich ha au de makeup entferner, speeling, de remederm spray und de deo roll on, das isch de beschti woni jemals usprobiert han!! Was bruchsch du susch no für produkt?

    xx selina

    theblondecupoftea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich bi en Fan vo ihrne Sunnecreme und em Après Soleil. Aber ich benutz au sit Jahre d Emulsion Hydro Active, ihri Lippepomade und glägentlich na es paar anderi Produkt :) De Deo willi aber unbedingt au mal na probiere, ha scho sovill guets ghört.

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of this brand before but it sounds fantastic. My favourite eye makeup remover is definitely the Garnier Micellar Water x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Swiss brand available in about 15 countries, so it might be difficult to get your hands on the products if you're not living in Switzerland.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. That's lovely to hear, I'm glad you enjoyed it Talisa :)

      Delete
  5. In general I like Louis Widmer products but I am a bit disappointed that this remover give me an oily feel when using it :-(

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!