Tuesday, 23 June 2015

My New Cleansing Routine

About a month ago I ran out of my beloved Clinique take the day off cleansing balm and suddenly felt the urge to try something new, mainly because I wanted a cleansing oil/balm/lotion to use with my Braun cleansing brush. 
The Caudalie Mousse Nettoyante Fleur de Vigne (Instant foaming cleanser) caught my eye and after a little chat with the saleslady I purchased it. It doesn't contain any parabens, sulfates, mineral oils or animal ingredients, which sounds pretty good to me. 


The product is soap-free and very gentle, so it's suitable for sensitive and dry skin. I use it in the evening after I've removed my makeup with the Louis Widmer waterproof eye makeup remover (full review following soon). The mousse nettoyante is an instant foam, as you can see in the picture below. I apply to pumps onto my damp skin (I don't know why but the fact that foam comes out of this bottle makes me happy), then I either massage it and rinse with water or I use my Braun cleansing brush to give my skin a proper cleanse. 


After cleansing my face feels soft, clean and not dry at all. Now on to the Braun cleansing brush: I use it about three times a week to cleanse my whole face after removing makeup. The bristles are very soft and the brush works gentle on the skin. It feels like a little face massage and I really enjoy using it. The device requires batteries and it has two speed levels. I have never tried a Clarisonic so I can't compare them but I can let you know that I like this one very much. 


Whenever I feel like it I use the Soap and Glory Scrubatomic, another gentle exfoliator. If you want to read more about it, here's the review I wrote about a year ago. 
After cleansing my face I make sure to apply a serum, eyecream and a night cream to keep my skin hydrated. 

I'm a very lazy person when it comes to cleansing my face in the morning. I used to just wash my face with water but lately I've tried to get myself to use a micellar solution to remove whatever seems to be on my face that shouldn't be there. I especially enjoy using the Bioderma Sensibio for this purpose because it makes me feel awake and it's very skin-friedly and efficient. 


That's it for my updated cleansing routine. I'm very happy with the way my skin looks now. My complexion is clearer and has a healthy glow and my skin is soft and hydrated. For me, my cleansing routine changed the whole appearance of my skin step by step. I started paying more attention to properly cleansing my face about three years ago and this experience tells me that (at least in my case) cleansing is key to healthy looking skin. 
I hope you enjoyed getting to know this routine, it won't work for everyone but I'm pleased with it and I'll keep it this way till I find something even better and if that's the case I'll let you know...

I'd love to hear about your favourite cleansing products in the comments below :)

Love,
Cheryl

9 comments:

  1. I've used that caudalie cleanser before and loved it. Thanks for sharing your routine! :)

    Georgia | The Weekend Attic - Personal Style, Beauty and Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading through it ;)

      Delete
  2. Haha foasmy products make me happy too...I remember when I started shaving my legs and I used shaving foam! 😂
    I seem the bioderma water in Manor over the weekend... I almost picked it up! Haha I will next time :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should, it's not the best product to remove makeup but it does a great job as a cleanser in the morning :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos and I love love love your style of writing! Keep it up!

    Chanel Lipstick 99 “Pirate” Swatches and Review

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great products, I love anything soapy! Lovely post.

    Anika | www.anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard a lot about Bioderma maybe I should indulge! :D

    Emma Louise from theemmalouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!