Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Review: Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara


















I've been testing the Bourjois Volume 1 Secone Mascara for a few weeks now and it's time to share my thoughts on it with you. First of all, I like the packaging. It's simple but fun with the mirror-effect and bright writing. 

The product promises clump-free volume in one second. The brush is big with short bristles and it's quite flexible. It picks up a lot of product which makes it a little difficult to handle but I got used to it. I wouldn't say it's volume in one second though because it needs to be applied carefully, mainly because it really lengthens the lashes an it doesn't dry in one blink of an eye if you know what I mean... so after blinking it doesn't look very pretty anymore. But let's be honest, mascaras need a few seconds to dry, it's perfectly normal. 

This is the result after applying two coats of the Volume 1 Seconde mascara:


I think it does live up to it's claims. It creates volume and - even if it's not written on the packaging - adds some serious length. It is clump-free but the lashes tend to stick together what I often experience when the mascara is rather new and hasn't dried at all (in the packaging). It holds the curl during the whole day but is still easy to remove. That's a huge plus if you ask me. 


The mascara contains 12ml and costs CHF 22.90. I'd recommend it to everyone who loves voluminous and long lashes but if you're looking for a natural looking mascara, this one might not be for you. I personally like it if I'm going for a dramatic eye makeup look but it's not my first choice for my everyday routine. 

Have you tried this mascara? What do you think of it?

Love,
Cheryl

4 comments:

  1. Your lashes look amazing I really like the way the wand bristles are shaped

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! Serious lash envy right there :)
    I don't know if it's down to the mascara but I'd love to try it, even if it gives me only half as good lashes ;)

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I do have long and thick black lashes and a good mascara enhances the effect ;) I hope this mascara does the same for yours :)

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!