Saturday, 4 July 2015

Bronze Goddess - Because a little shimmer never hurt anyone.

I'm pretty sure you've guessed the topic of this blogpost by the title but I'm telling you anyway: Today you'll be reading about Estée Lauders Bronze Goddess collection*. I'm not showing you all of the products because I don't own all of them even if I'd certainly like to. Nevertheless, I've included four products (ok, five but one isn't actually part of the BG collection but fits in perfectly): 


And they're all so prrretty! The Shimmering Body Oil spray smells heavenly and adds a gorgeous shimmer to your skin. I like to apply a few splashes onto my legs, then spread it. It doesn't only look great but also nourishes the skin with ingredients such as olive oil and grape seed oil which contains a lot of Vitamin E and is said to help to tone skin.

Because I wanted to show you the mentioned Bronze Goddess products on my face I did a little Estée Lauder summer look. Well, I'm not exactly what I'd call a bronze goddess but let's pretend I'm a little more tanned and look slightly more divine...
I'm wearing the Pure Color Gloss Pen in nude coral, the Bronze Goddess Illuminating Powder Gelee and the Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Eye Pencil in gold which I smudged all over my lid. This is the fifth product I mentioned which isn't part of the collection. The Eye Pencils are fairly new and I've talked about them here.  
The Illuminating Powder doesn't really show up on camera but it leaves your skin with a subtle shimmer for a healthy glow and a little shimmer never hurts, right?
Nude Coral is a lovely discreet gloss, again containing shimmer. The Pure Color Gloss Pens come in three colours and neither feel sticky nor dry my lips. 
Btw.: I've used the Lancôme Miracle Cushion foundation as a base and applied Urban Decays naked and virgin (original NAKED palette) prior to the Eye Pencil. The mascara I've used is the Clinique high impact. 








The packaging of the products looks beautiful and feels luxurious. I'm not sure whether I like the twist up packaging of the gloss pen though, it takes a while to twist the product into the brush and sometimes I end up with too much gloss which is sad because I don't want to waste it. Maybe I need to practise a little more often...


I haven't been talking about nails a lot lately so let's have a closer look at the Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Nude Pearl, a stunning rosegold colour. 
I absolutely love it! Not only because of the pretty colour but also due to the amazing quality of the nail polish. It lasts very long and is easy to apply. As you can see I've been a little impatient after applying it but this just happens... If you'd like to read my full review on the Estée Lauder Pure Color Nail Lacquers, click here.


You can purchase the products in Estée Lauder distributors or online. If you're planning on doing the latter, don't forget to enter the code "DAYWEAR" when you're finishing your order to get a free 15ml sample (order over CHF 50, valid in Switzerland till the end of July). The products are quite pricey and maybe not something you absolutely need to survive but as a little treat to yourself they're perfect. 

Estée Lauder Pure Color Nail Lacquers: CHF 34
Pure Color Gloss Pen: CHF 34
Shimmering Body Oil Spray: CHF 52
Bronze Goddess Illuminating Powder Gelee: CHF 72
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Eye Pencil: CHF 30

Are you a fan of the Bronze Goddess Collection too?


Love,
Cheryl



* press samples




11 comments:

  1. I didn't know there was an Estee Lauder oil spray. I'm not a fan of shimmer or anything glitter but if it's not too out there I'm OK with it. By the way that lipgloss looks really great on you. I might not like the twist-up application either.

    xx
    Rin
    andthologie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your look with the gold on your lids. The nailpolish is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny. The nailpolish is lovely :)

      Delete
  3. I like the body oil a lot. I don't care much for the smell of it though, but that shimmer effect is just so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge fan of glitter but this one is just too beautiful to ignore ;)

      Delete
  4. Ugh. The EL summer range is always so dreamy *-*
    I wish I could justify buying the shimmering oil and the powder gelée. It's so pretty !!!

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I love the products, they're so pretty <3

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!