Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Effortless French Manicure - Artdeco French Manicure Pen

Every now and then I like my nails in a classic look, in other words: french manicure! Over the years I've tried several ways to get the perfect french manicure and I ended up with two options: to get a really neat and "perfect" french manicure I use a thin nail brush but you know, this takes a while... So option number two is (in my opinion) the easiest and quickest way to create the french manicure and it's what I'm showing you today. 


I'm using a french manicure pen, today it's one from Artdeco. I used one from Alessandro for years and it was very good too. If you've ever used a french manicure pen you'll know how they work, for all the others: it's basically a pen you have to press down on the tip several times to activate. After doing that you just draw a white line on the tip of your nails and let it dry for a while. And thats it! 

As you might have guessed, just applying that simple white line doesn't make your nails look perfect in any way. What you need is a base and a top coat. 
I chose a neutral colour with a hint of apricot as a base, the Maybelline Super Stay Gel Nail Color in french manicure. Because I wanted to add a little something I opted for a pinkish nude with a little glitter as a top coat, namely Essies vanity fairest
Let's summarize: Apply your base coat, let it dry, apply the french manicure pen, wait for a few minutes an finish the manicure by applying your top coat of choice. Et voilà... you're done!

Some facts about french manicure pens: Even though they are very easy to use you still have to be careful to draw an even line. The colour dries quickly but sometimes it seems like the colour's too dry so it looks kind of cracked which annoys me a little but it's less obvious after applying a good top coat. Nevertheless, creating the whole french manicure with nail polish is still prettier and lasts longer. As I said, I use this method if I want to make my nails look good with minimum effort. The prices range from CHF 10 to CHF 30 and a lot of brands produce them. 

Have you ever used a french manicure pen? What do you think of them?

Love,
Cheryl


6 comments:

  1. They turned out really well didn't they! Looks lovely.

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    'Why Have one, When you can have two?//Apparel Candy Review*'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had the patience to do a french manicure … but this pen does seem to make it a lot easier.
    However I haven't painted my nails in weeks… You just made me wanna get back into it !

    Feathers and Brushes | Suisse | Beauté & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should try it, it's easy and pretty nails just make me feel good :)

      Delete
  3. Hm, I migh give this a try! I just wonder if I'm not too clumsy for this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you'd be too clumsy, it's pretty easy with this one but I have to admit that the right hand is a little harder... ;) But you'll get used to it quickly :)

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!