Sunday, 12 July 2015

Essie and a Cake

I've had quite a busy week and I'm enjoying a relaxed weekend now. With all this free time I decided  to do a simple summer manicure using some of my favourite Essie nail polishes. I wanted it to be unobtrusive but still cute and summery.
I recently purchased vanity fairest, a colour I really like but which isn't opaque so I used Essie blanc as a base to make the colour more visible. On top of it I painted little flowers using blanc and lilacism


As soon as I finished, I realized that I didn't like the way it turned out and as I'm a little perfectionist I had to remove the flowers immediately. To cover the not so lovely looking patches on my nails where the flowers have been I came back to my old standard manicure and did an ombré using the three colours in the picture. If you're wondering why there aren't any pictures of the mentioned nail design, I'm willing to tell you: After painting my nails I felt like doing the same with my toe nails but to do so I had to remove the chipped nail polish first. That's when I ruined the ombré... Well, for the third time that day I removed the remaining nail polish and started from scratch. My motivation was a little lower by then so that's the final look:


I really like the combination of the soft pink with lilac but still: It's not exactly as creative as I planned. Please tell me I'm not the only one who's redone the nails three times in one single day...
Anyway, I'm happy with the result now. 
To make my Sunday a little more sundayish I made a cake, because what's a Sunday without a little treat to yourself?


This is my favourite lemon cake. It's soft, not too sweet and contains walnuts. Yummy! 
Happy Sunday everyone!

8 comments:

  1. I like this nail polish combination :) Especially the lilac shade, it's so gorgeous!

    http://allure-square.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The lilac is gorgeous but I'd recommend to use a coloured base such as Essie white if you want an opaque finish.

      Delete
  2. Those colors all look great together!

    xx,
    Susie

    www.SequinsandStrawberries.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice colors the esmale / varnish and that desire to eat a slice of that pie :)

    *XoXo
    - www.helenaprimeira.blogspot.pt
    - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8FHHl3dT3g
    - https://www.facebook.com/PrimeiraPanos?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving your info Helena, I'll stop by :)

      Delete
  4. Forget about the nail polish, all I can focus on is that delicious-looking cake :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you know what? I'm eating a slice of it right now, mjam ;)

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!