Sunday, 2 August 2015

Estée Lauder Double Wear Light & Double Wear Concealer

After finishing my Lancôme Miracle Cushion foundation I finally had a reason to buy a new foundation. I've wanted to try the Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation for ages and after spending some time swatching the shades I decided to go for the Double Wear Light in intensity 1.0 and the matching Double Wear Stay-in-Place flawless wear concealer in 01 light, both a perfect match for my skin tone. Something I noticed by only swatching the shades was how beautiful the products blend into the skin. 


After trying every method of applying the foundation I was most pleased by the result using the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to apply it. 
The foundation gives a sheer to medium coverage, looks extremely natural and feels lovely on the skin. I'd describe the finish as semi-matte and kind of satiny. I don't need any finishing powder because I usually don't get an oily T-zone and the foundation lasts the whole day without a setting powder. Have a look at the result:

The Double Wear Concealer has a very creamy texture and blends into the skin seamlessly. It doesn't feel heavy or drying on the skin. I have quite dark under eye circles and this concealer is easy to layer, so I usually apply it first to make my complexion look more even. Even though I apply a rather thick layer it doesn't crease and lasts all day. Then I apply one layer of the foundation on top. 
The products aren't cheap (Foundation: CHF 54/Concealer: CHF 38) but in my opinion the price is justified. The quality is amazing, both products are easy to apply, blend beautifully, stay in place the whole day and look very natural. They have an SPF 10 and you can't even feel you're wearing make up. All in all I'm very happy with the Double Wear Light foundation and concealer. 

What's your favourite foundation?

Love,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!