Thursday, 10 September 2015

Estée Lauder DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme

After quite a while of testing I'm ready to share my opinion on the Estée Lauder DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme*. I've applied it every morning over the last couple of weeks and was pleased with the results. Let's see why...


The moisturizer claims to defend first signs of premature aging, to reduce dullness and to refresh the skin. I'm still young so "first signs of premature aging" sounds about right to me. It has an SPF 15 and fights free radical damage with its Super Anti-Oxidant Complex (sounds futuristic). Three things I liked right away: the gorgeous packaging with the golden lid, the colour of the cream itself which somehow makes me think this stuff is working and the lovely and light scent. I don't know how to describe the scent, maybe it's cucumber and something powdery and feminin... (a female cucumber?). Anyway, it's great! 


The cream is quite rich but it still feels very light on the skin. As soon as I've applied it, my skin felt fresh and soothed. It's hard to tell whether there is an anti-aging effect because there's luckily not a lot of aging going on on my face yet, but the moisturizer provides a lot of  hydration and applying SPF helps with preventing aging too. 
What I noticed after applying my foundation on top was that my skin looked more even and luminous than usually. So this moisturizer and the Estée Lauder Double Wear light foundation work beautifully together. 

After using it for a couple of weeks I'm still very happy with the product. It's enough hydration for my skin, my complexion looks healthy and it works perfectly with my current go-to foundation. At CHF 52 for 30 ml it is quite pricy though. 

You might have notices the beautiful silver and lilac tube in the background... the Estée Lauder Enlighten Even Effect Skintone Corrector*. I've tried it but sadly it's too dark for me (it's for medium skintone). Nevertheless, I used it twice and it's light and lovely to apply and it makes my skin look perfectly even (except for the fact that my neck has a different shade than my face...). I gave the product to my mum because I liked it but can't use it. She only wears makeup on special occasions because she doesn't like the feeling of foundation on her skin. I was really surprised when she told me that she literally wears this every day! For all the natural and light makeup lovers around here I thought I should share this. If you're looking for a product that corrects your skintone, gives a lovely glow and doesn't feel heavy at all, maybe you should give this one a try. As a plus, it has an SPF 30. I didn't purchase it for myself because I just got the Double Wear Light but I'll keep it in mind for next summer.

Have you tried any of these products? 

Love,
Cheryl

*press sample

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like really great products! It is something I probably need as I am not getting any younger haha. I will have check them out when I see it! Great review xx

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ela! I guess I have to live with the fact that I'm aging too... ;)

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!