Sunday, 18 October 2015

Estée Lauder - Modern Muse Le Rouge


Extroverted, glamorous and sophisticated, these are Modern Muse Le Rouge's attributes. When it comes to describing a scent I always find it helpful to know, what the creator's or the brand's ideas behind the product are. Estée Lauder says the scent is inspired by the complexity of a modern woman, making bold and colorful statements without saying anything. We all know women are quite good at this... But let's see how that actually smells!

The fragrance type is fruity floral oriental and I'd say the scent suits young women. Unlike other perfumes, Modern Muse Le Rouge has two main accords: Rose and a velvet creme accord. I'm not a huge fan of rose scents but the rose note is combined with raspberry, bourgeon de cassis, pink pepper and saffron so it's a bit fresher and lighter. 


The creme accord is a combination of vanilla, patchouli, vetiver, jasmine and magnolia. As you might be able to tell it is a rather sweet scent but it's not overpowering in any way. I tried to decide whether it's more of a floral, an oriental or a fruity fragrance but it really is a balanced combination of the three. Right after applying it, rose is the most intense but after a short while the scent becomes warmer and the creme accord is noticeable. The perfume lingers all day and it already got me a lot of compliments. 
For me it's the perfect autumn and winter scent and I've really enjoyed wearing it so far. 

The packaging is inspired by the 1953 released Estée Lauder scent Youth Dew. I think the bow is cute and I like the cardboard packaging with the hand-painted replica of the actual flacon. 

You can purchase Modern Muse Le Rouge for CHF 68 (30ml) wherever Estée Lauder is available.

If you're not following me on social media yet, you'd make my day by hitting one of the like or follow buttons on the top right of the page. 

Have a great weekend!

Cheryl






2 comments:

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!